Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daily Reports

Starting to feel at home...
    A 2 year old pushing is not MINOR? All 2 year olds go through a phase or there would be no such thing as a time out......I think those things are minor unless it happening often and disrupting our entire day then maybe the child has behaviour issues. I give my kids time outs for pushing hitting ect and the parent know this but I dont tell them everyday Im not looking for brownie point either just like to be as positive as possible cause the GOOD time defiantly out way the bad so I write down those things more then the others thats all.

Euphoric !
    uuhh ....there must have been a comment deleted ....

Expansive...
    Point taken mommylove, for me I suppose I just believe in telling the parents all behaviour corrections. Even if there was just one time out in the day.

As a parent that used to have my child in daycare getting a true full account of there day was more important to me.

I do know where your coming from though as I have 4 two year olds in my care.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Ya i get that for sure I didnt think of it that way, your point is well received

Thanks skysue

Euphoric !
    I deal with things that happen during the day with the children as a part of my job. Stuff happens. If I have to put a child into a timeout that's my business and I'm teaching the children how to socialize in their peer group setting, how to share or take turns. I only tell the parents if we have a big issue and I've had to put a child into timeout several times during the day for one particular problem.

I don't have communication books or any paperwork. I give the parents a verbal update at the end of the day. But I do have a daily logbook for my own reference, making notes for myself about the food the children like or don't like, diaper changes/successful potty times with bowel movements and nap times. This information is all for me but anytime a parent asks me a question I have the answer to the most important info regarding their children.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I do tell parents daily if their child behaved in a way that warranted a time-out because I don't want it to come as shock later if it comes to the point of termination. I need to make sure I have made the parents aware of the problems as they occur. I guess it depends on how minor the behaviour is, but for me a time-out is only for bigger things like violence, so if they have had a time-out it means it was major in my books. For me, pushing, hitting, etc are not minor, though I do understand that kids will try these things out. If it becomes a daily thing then I communicate this by email to parents so I have a written record of trying to communicate issues with the parent.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    I do tell parents daily if their child behaved in a way that warranted a time-out because I don't want it to come as shock later if it comes to the point of termination. I need to make sure I have made the parents aware of the problems as they occur. I guess it depends on how minor the behaviour is, but for me a time-out is only for bigger things like violence, so if they have had a time-out it means it was major in my books. For me, pushing, hitting, etc are not minor, though I do understand that kids will try these things out. If it becomes a daily thing then I communicate this by email to parents so I have a written record of trying to communicate issues with the parent.

Dido! That's exactly my mind doing set!