Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daily Reports

Starting to feel at home...

Daily Reports

I do a daily report card everyday, just be because sometimes at pick up things are hectic and I forget to tell the parents about something. I also use it to recorded and issues I or the child is having. But I would also verbally tell the parents this. But I like writing it down for my self to have and the parents. But I'm really starting to feel bad about one parent. Everyday something happens. The child pushes or hits. Or they refuse to help clean up toys. Would you tell the parents every time the child does these things or just let it slide?

I do a daily report as well and no I do not list minor offences and like LittleFeet said, putting a positive spin on a negative that we are learning not to do. If there is a bigger issue, I do tell the parents verbally at pick up where they then can figure out a way to blame me or the dckids for their childs misbehaviour. Sigh

I do mention it from time to time as it is pretty constant. One week if it happens more, I will write more in detail my concerns. Sometimes, usually I mention something positive to start and then I write down the less fun. One parent looking at the report on the friday once said to his daughter : ''so lets see how bad you've been this week''. Pfff hes the dad I have issues with. I dont even think in general the parents look at it. Once I ask and the mother said... a week later... oh no its on the counter, PFFFF ! I think I'm doing this for nothing. Sometimes I write down questions and concerns and they dont get back to me... EVER !! I wanted to buy some nice colored agendas but its no worth spending the money so....

I dont like talking too much to parents when they arrive. They dont listen to me, they just want to get their kid and get out. Plus when its negative, its no fun hearing after a big day at work especially when they are so happy to see them, and cant start the day like that in the morning so.... I just write it down from time to time.

I did say to parents that I like being honest. No point in saying the day was great !!! when its been not so great. But if the day in general went well I mention it was a good day and move on !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DisneyPrincess For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    When I started I bought small spiral notebooks from the dollar store and each child had one .... Basically I just wrote when we went outside what they are for lunch and when they napped. I also used it to write down needed supplies. If there was a behaviour issue I never write it in the book and unless its ongoing I don't even mention it. I down to only one child that stills has a book and when it's full I'm not starting another. I find it so much easier to just say a quick "we had a great day " at pick up or send a quick text to mom to say "we need diapers for next week" then it is for writing it all down.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    I made quick notes for myself and leave them at the front door and review at pick up so I don't forget anything. How many poops, any issues with eating or sleeping... anything behavoural.

If a child is agressive then I address it every day it happens. If it's as simple as cleaning up then I don't bother, that's something we work on. But if it's hitting, throwing, pinching etc. That's something mom needs to know about daily.

Haven't officially started yet, but am getting ideas. I like the idea of having a communation book (just one) with parents to get out news and issues. I think if it's really serious- hitting/biting- it should be addressed orally if possible.

I never write anything negitive on their daily sheets I always say we had an awesome day (even if we didn't) I want the parents to feel good about bringing there kids here and writing negative comments about hitting and pushing and such leaves a bad taste in there mouths.......I complain to you guys lol not the parents kids will be kids do sweat the small stuff

Outgoing
    I do daily reports and if it's minor NO I do not write the incident. If it required a time-out yes I will note it in details what transpired. I will also just verbally inform the parents. If it's minor but recurring yes I will write down something like '' I've noticed that ____ have not been eating her yogurt lately'' or '' Have been a bit disruptive a naptime for the pas x days'' Just so they know. If the day was full of little incidents I'll write something like '' I think ___ had an off day today. Managed to eat and play well in his own but had issues with sharing and cooperating'' Nothing I want to complain about but just so the parents know the general mood of the child that is all.

Expansive...
    I think we owe it to them to tell them if there child is being bad. Spare the rod spoil the child. If it's just once and a while due to stubbornness then no I don't bother but I'm not here for brownie points. I'm helping build amazing characters traits so these kids will be respectful, gentle, caring and loving individuals.

I have a disapline policy that parents read and sign when they start with me so they know that if their child misbehaves in anyway and requires a time out that i will do so.......I have 2 2year olds and they both push and hit and get into tug a wars over toys and such and I give them time outs. But i dont feel its necessary to tell the parents everyday that they hit or push someone. Much rather say DCG made me laugh when she...... and DCB really enjoyed our walk today. Not your kid pushed so and so...its normal 2 year old behaviour the parents know that, if it was abnormal aggression then I would say something but everyday NORMAL 2 year old behaviour it would get old very quickly