Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Need More Advice. Would This Bother You?

Great advice, everyone. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by Sandbox Sally; 03-22-2013 at 10:09 AM.

If your family is asking you to terminate, then its not you. I would find a replacement them terminate. As for a notice just say something like:

After a great deal of consideration I have decided that my daycare is not the best fix for xxxxxxx.
    Xxxxxx's last day of care will be _______________. I wish you the best of luck finding a more suite daycare.

I don't think you need to go into much detail.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Just based on his comment, it clearly shows his lack of respect for you. I would terminate and be honest. Just tell them that respect is paramount for your working relationship and they already have 2 strikes so early on and you have your reputation to uphold.

Trust me red flags are all around you will feel the weight of the world off your shoulders when there gone.

Good luck!

Outgoing
    Dear parents,

Due to your 11 month old crying at drop off, I'm unable to continue to provide care for your children. This notice is immediately in affect for your 11 month old and a two weeks notice for your 3 year old. If you choose not to use the notice for your 3 year old all advance payments will gladly be refunded.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

Expansive...
    It sounds like you want to terminate....I would say something or write something along the lines of

"It is not an easy decision but I am very concerned that Susie is not settling into our daycare or into our group the way I had hoped so I think it would be best for everyone if we discontinue our daycare arrangement. I have concerns that she will not be happy or thrive in this group and it is causing the other children some unrest when they see her upset. Ideally, I want everyone to have the best possible environment to come to every day and I feel like this is not a good fit. I would suggest an end date of ________."

I don't think the father's comment is that rude or that your comment was that bad. I think he was probably thinking out loud or just concerned about his little girl.
    And I can feel your pain - there isn't really a good answer to that. I also think you are right about why she cries. She probably thinks of alphagetti as the mean person who takes her away from her parents every day.

I hope your day gets better from here on in

Euphoric !
    That was a pretty mean thing for him to say, though I can understand where he's coming from. For a parent, who isn't familiar with this business and the stages of transition, as we are, I would imagine it can be quite distressing to see your child flipping out at the sight of her provider. That being said, it's totally not you! I've seen it sooooo many times, as have you. My nephew attends my daycare now and has been since June. For the first couple weeks, it was tough, with him crying quite a lot. At one point, as soon as he saw my house, he'd just lose the plot entirely. And this is my own nephew! He loves me and I know he does and is completely fine now...hardly says goodbye to my sister. But it certainly upset her to see him so upset. I know she was wondering what was up, but she trusted me when I said it was completely normal and it would pass.....which it did. Now he often cries when he's forced to leave

I think the letter Bluerose posted is perfect. But replace them first if you have time. It may be that they're thinking of pulling anyway, so try to beat them to the punch and save a few bucks.

Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Clearly, it isn't just you... Your family is feeling the same thing about this family. I think it's time to say goodbye. Life is too short to *dread* the days that they come. They have been coming (well, the older child) for a few months now, so it should be getting better. Doesn't sound like it is, though.
    I do think that he was rude. Of course, he is concerned. But there is a better way to express it. And way to go, Mom. Just make excuses for your a-hole of a husband!! There is NO reason to be mean to the person who cares for HIS babies.
    Depending on the tonality, maybe you were snarky back. It might have come off as more of a joke, though, too. Hard to say. I don't blame you either way. Drop off in the morning stresses me out. I am getting my kids out the door, and dealing with sleepy dck coming in at the same time. I am not at my best, in all honesty.

Euphoric !
    So sorry you are in turmoil Alphagetti. I just terminated a family last month after trying and trying, issue after issue and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do and it was a difficult decision to make. Like your situation it wasn't wham - you're outta here, it was a whole lot of grey area type things. But I interviewed a wonderful family, signed them on, then terminated the old family so I was covered. But the old family did NOT take it well at all but they didn't return for the 2 weeks notice I offered as per my contract. That was good.

You know what? We are happy and content and the daycare has a whole new feeling without that child here. Is it me? I don't think so because all the children are happier too. Is it you? Does it matter? No, not if your children can pick up on all the stress. We deserve to be happy and we always have to be fair and honest but when parents don't GET IT we're bashing our head on the wall.

Bluerose & Spixie wrote good letters. Keep it short and business like and don't explain or get into anything emotional. Good luck.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Sandbox Sally; 03-22-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Expansive...
    Alpha......he KICKED you. Done. Now. No notice, call that Mom and get them out of your house!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast