Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Outgoing

Parent on Vacation

I know that I'm paid to watch kids regardless of what the parents are doing. BUT....if you're on vacation and your kid is going to be here for the full 2 weeks of your vacation, AND be the last one picked up still, PLEASE just don't tell me that you're on vacation!!!!

Heaven forbid that the parent spend a little time with their child!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gcj For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Cripes .... I had one like that too .... Dad would drop the kid off when I opened and dad was in his jeans so you knew he wasnt going to work and he would give me all the updates on the progress of his deck or what ever the current project was .... Couldn't even spend half an hour having breakfast with his kid and handed me his breakfast in a ziplock .... The kicker?!?!? ...... He alway took his week off the week before I took my holidays .... So he had a nice week alone and mom and the kid took the next two weeks off separately and he went back to work. ..... Great family dynamics !

Outgoing
    I mean I get that there are always projects to be done that just can't be accomplished with little one around, but I'm just asking for a little balance.... OR just don't brag that you're on vacation! Then I can't be bitter.

OR....the dad that whined about having to dress TWO kids up to go home...really?!?! Yeah....I feel bad for you. I dressed up the whole daycare to go outside .... TWICE! And his older one dresses herself! Try that complaint on someone else, please!

Shy
    Oh I hear you!! I dealt with the EXACT same situation over the Christmas break. Dad was off for two weeks, yet dcb was the first to arrive and the last to go home each and every day.
    What really got me was the day both mom and dad came to the door to drop him off. They were going out for breakfast than off to pick out a Christmas tree. That just made me sad. What a perfect time to start a family tradition and build those memories that will last that child forever!!

Outgoing
    WHAT!?!?! Picking out a Christmas tree as a happy couple instead of a happy family?!?! Disgusting. sorry, but no other way to say it. What are some people thinking???

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by boygirlgirlboy View Post
    Oh I hear you!! I dealt with the EXACT same situation over the Christmas break. Dad was off for two weeks, yet dcb was the first to arrive and the last to go home each and every day.
    What really got me was the day both mom and dad came to the door to drop him off. They were going out for breakfast than off to pick out a Christmas tree. That just made me sad. What a perfect time to start a family tradition and build those memories that will last that child forever!!
    I'm curios to ask if these are young or older parents as I have noticed a trend.

Euphoric !
    This was one of the things that bothered me about the family I just terminated, there were 100 other things, but the Dad always went home and got changed out his suit and into comfy clothes before pickup which meant a longer day for me with the child that was making me nutso. Not nice. Don't the parents ever think that maybe if they spent time with their child they might not be so temperamental or whatever their problems might be and they might actually be happy little children who know their parents vaue them? It's sad, really sad.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    Yep. This happened to me yesterday, although mom was supposedly sick. They were dropped off at regular time, and picked up not a minute earlier. I sort of thought, when she said she was home for the day, that there might be an earlier pickup?
    I don't blame the parents for thinking "Well, I paid for it already". But it just seems so cold. Why not go do the stuff you need to get done and then take your kids out for ice cream, or to the park?? I understand wanting "me" time. I could use some more of that myself, LoL. I don't begrudge them that. But what's more important?
    I had a family when I first started; Mom brought all 3 kids to me at regular time in the AM. I noticed that she wasn't wearing work clothes. Her SON mentions that "Mom's going to the spa today". She looked a little embarrassed, and said she would probably come by a little earlier to pick up at the end of the day. Uh, she was there ONE MINUTE before closing. The kids spent 10 full hours with me, and all 3 of them were old enough to know that mom chose not to be with them. These kids were also going through the divorce of their parents, had just moved to a different province and so badly needed some attention from their mother. So sad.

Outgoing
    So sad. And then we wonder what's happening to society! duh! Maybe if parents raised their kids and spent a little time with them!!!! I know that I'm the other extreme and need to think more of myself sometimes, but one day it'll pay off! And I like being with my kids! Imagine!!

Skysue the parents I'm speaking of are in their early 30s....early to mid, I guess.

Expansive...
    I have noticed this and if your too tired to have kids then don't have them. I'm older and there are days where I'm exhausted but my DD is part of it all. I had daycare parents that used to drop off there 1year old baby at 7:00am pick up at 5:00pm then put him to bed at 5:30pm-6:00pm. He never slept at daycare maybe 1/2 to an hour if I was lucky, they had it made as he was asleep for 13 hours a night.

They never got any quality time with him, sooooooo sad. On weekends he would often have sleepovers at the grandparents so they could party!

None of my business but why have kids?
    Last edited by Skysue; 03-19-2013 at 10:18 AM.