Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Need advice for potty training my son!!

I am in desperate need of help with my 3 year old son! I have two kids, a 5 year old girl and 3 year old boy. I had my daughter fully potty trained by the time she was 2 1/2 but I am having such a hard time with my son.
    I have tried everything and any advice you could offer would be so great! What I do right now is I have a timer that I set for 45 min and everytime it rings we go to the potty and he pees everytime, I do ask him in between if he needs to go. He has a few accidents but thats ok, my problem is getting him to poop in the potty. I know he has to go after every meal and I ALWAYS put him on there, sometimes for a good hour lol but he refuses to poop on the potty, he will wait until he is off of it. I have tried the reward system but that hasnt worked, I even went so far as to putting underwear on him and letting him sit in it for a little bit to show him how uncomfortable it is But nothing seems to work...
    I need help!!!

Euphoric !
    well if he has to go and he's holding it in you could put a suppository in and then he would have no choice ....after he's done it once he will see there is nothing to be anxious about. just a suggestion ...maybe the others will have another idea

Expansive...
    Best advice I can give you is don't let him see that you are frustrated. Continue being his biggest cheerleader.

Great tips on this sight: http://pediatrics.about.com/od/weekl..._potty_bms.htm

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysue View Post
    Best advice I can give you is don't let him see that you are frustrated. Continue being his biggest cheerleader.

Great tips on this sight: http://pediatrics.about.com/od/weekl..._potty_bms.htm
    Thank you, this is a great site!! I will start these in the morning and hopefully he will start to feel comfortable

Euphoric !
    Thanks for the link. I have the same problem with my 2.5 year old daughter and she is my third child...my two boys were trained at 2 without any problem! I may try putting her on the toilet or potty with her pull-up on and see if that helps get her started.