Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Working for former daycare provider

I recently took on a child whose mother used to run her own home daycare, but is now returning to the work force.
    How would you feel working for someone who used to do your job?
    Do you see this as a good thing, (she knows what your days are like) or as a negative in the sense that she is always going to be thinking and/or saying how 'she used to run things' etc.

Expansive...
    I currently watch a child for a mom who wachted kids for 8 years, it's great that they understand your day! Trust me she is still a Mom leaving her kids so she is finally seeing things from both perspectives and her understnading will be in your best interest.

Good luck!

Euphoric !
    There will probably be days that she will question what or how you are doing things but a simple reminder to her that this is your daycare and as such you get to make the rules and set the schedule. She had that privelege when it was her daycare but since this is your daycare then..... Once she stops and catches her breath she will likely realize you are right.

Euphoric !
    It could go either way, but I think that it might be more that she is understanding. So many parents have NO CLUE what our day-to-day looks like. She would at least get it!!
    And if she ever had an issue, and tried to "when I used to...", I would politely remind her that she is not anymore. On the other hand, she could be an important resource of info for you, too! If she has been there and done it, she could be veeeerrrrrry helpful to you!