Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No Name Diapers

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    It is actually very common for parents to use the cheap diapers in the daytime but the more expensive pampers overnight and then just put one of those on when child wakes up cause they are there. They may or may not use the no name on weekends and keep the pampers for outings. I used to do the same.
    I didn't look at it that way! Thanks, Playfelt. Makes me feel a little better. I'm going to go with that theory!

Expansive...
    We used Costco Kirkland diapers as well as Zehrs Teddys Choice diapers on our DD when she was over a year. Huggies we used before that.

I never had a problem with generic diapers but we changed our DD often, she never got diaper rashes when she was in our care. Our daycare provider said they leaked and DD used to come home with the nastiest of rashes and I can tell you it was due to her not being changed often.

Now as a daycare provider two of my families have used generic diapers and I never have had problems. Most leaks happen due to improper fit of diapers or due to the diaper being to full.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I have found with many no name diapers that the sizing is different and that they tend to run smaller so you move up to the next size in them sometimes before you do in the pampers or huggies. Also they don't absorb as fast so if there are gaps in the fit or you have a child that pees a lot but not often as compared to a child that pees a little each time the one will flood the diapers and the other will of course do just fine cause each small wetting gets absorbed.

Shy
    I really think it depends on the No Name diaper, some are good some are junk

Shy
    My 17 month old is around 30lbs and is in size 5 diapers. I too, find that the noName diapers are just fine, as long as they are changed every few hours, after one pee. Although almost every morning she is wet right through her jammies, I think this is because she is a milk queen and sleeps 12-14 hours at night. I wouldnt expect much more from a brand name diaper.
    I think it is wrong to think that a parent is purpousefully sending the "el cheapo" diapers to you just for spite, but maybe because she has just bought a different brand. I buy whatever is cheapest. I care for 7 kids under 3 so whatever works will do just fine. I have yet to find a "cheap" diaper, and I have tried all the brands.
    My only problem with the store brand variety is that you need to buy a size larger than the child would normally wear.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Manue View Post
    I really think it depends on the No Name diaper, some are good some are junk
    Exactly my experience. I have used both on my own kids. I will admit that now that cash isn't quite as tight as it was when my boys were little (every dollar counted back then!!), I only buy Pampers. They just seem more comfortable, softer or something. I do think they hold a little better, but I won't begrudge anyone for sending store brand diapers to use here. The thing that I will mention, is TOO SMALL diapers. Seriously, he is almost 35lbs and really "chunky" around the belly/legs. Those size 4s just aren't cutting it anymore!!

Expansive...
    It's funny, because I HATE huggies!! I find they suck big time and my boys leak through them on the first pee almost every time. Now we use the Food Basics No Name brand, and they rock! No leaks ever! Pampers are awesome too, but the Food Basics ones are so much cheaper and work just as well. Kirkland, and PC are rotten too.

Outgoing
    I find that it all depends on the child. With my son, who is the oldest of my two, i started out using Pampers because they used them in the hospital. He would get red and irritated so i changed to Huggies and i never had an issue, aside from rashes at teething time. With my daughter, i started out using Pampers but her skin was so sensitive. She got horrible rashes and even a yeast infection, so i used the Huggies Pure and Natural. They were a little more expensive but worth it, as my daughter had eczema until she was 2. Now she is ok with the regular Huggies.

I have a 20 month old who wears the Costco no name diapers, and i don't like them, plus they are too small. She soaks thru them in like an hour and her clothes often get wet. I have asked the mom to get me a bigger size but i have said i will use the rest of the opened box.

My other DCG wears Pampers and i don't like them either (clearly i am a Huggies lover LOL!) the filling turns to gel and even after just one pee the kid's diaper goes mushy!