Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

What sets you apart?

For those of you that are always full or have a wait list or no problem finding clients, what do you think sets yourself apart from others? You might be guessing or maybe parents have told you.
    is it your location? your outings? your curriculum? your space? rates? why do you think you are always full and sucessful??

Outgoing
    I've been told by parents that they like my space and my yard, also they like the crafts. I have not always been full though, I think because of my location. I do get a lot of calls for daycare, the problem is fitting everyone into the spots that are available (I provide a lot of part-time spots) I have a feeling that it comes down to time to build up the trust and word of mouth.

Euphoric !
    Well so far I have been open for a little over two years and have always been able to fill my spaces (I usually have a couple of families who want the same spot and I can choose who I want). I am very fortunate that I have a fantastic daycare space which is not only large and self-contained, but which I have also set up really nicely. That is the thing that people usually comment on first. And then, the other thing that is also first for people to mention is my website....it really impresses people and they want a spot with me pretty much before they even meet me. The other thing is that I do a lot of activities with the kids...different types of art, crafts, science experiments, learning activities, games, etc. and we go outside a lot and rarely watch TV. One other thing every parent mentions is that I serve really healthy, homemade food and provide weekly menus to the parents in advance. I should note that I charge more than pretty much everyone in my area and I take paid holidays and sick days as well as stats. So it is definitely not my price that brings them in

Outgoing
    I've been told that it's my warmth. The fact that although we do learn a lot (I love prepping for school!)it's a home away from home. They feel comfortable and loved. And that's my objective. That's why I do this. I don't like centres....especiall y for the wee ones. What they need is love.

Starting to feel at home...
    sunnydays can I have the link to your website? I dont have one but have thought about it would love to see an exsample of one.

Euphoric !
    FOr me one of the things is hours as a lot of daycares in my area don't open before 7 or even 7:30 but there are peope that need to be to work by 8:00 downtown and need to leave earlier. I will open as early as 6:30 but most of my kids come between 6:45 and 7:00. I figure hubby leaves at 6:20 to catch his bus to work and I have to be up so might as well start. The up side is that all the kids are gone between 4-4:30 too except for one child that I do the extra time with till closer to 5:00.

Parents like the amount of activities they see when they come into the playroom in terms of the variety. The assumption then is that the kids will have lots to do and they like seeing that there is stuff for all ages so they know what their child will grow into.

Parents comment on the fact I am set up for daycare as in I have a childsize table in the kitchen for instance and that they see that their child will be welcome in the home and that the daycare is central to the way the house is set up and not just an after thought that gets pulled out. I think what it does if give the parent peace of mind that this is my chosen profession and not just a tide me over kind of thing till something better comes along.