Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    apples and bananas

Cots vs using your own beds

Does anyone use their own (or their kids) beds for nap time?

I have 2 step children who are only here a few days a week. I'm thinking of using their beds for naps for the older ones rather then cots. It would solve a lot of space problems. But I don't want to change sheets every time my step kids come.

Does anyone already use their own beds and have a quick method of keeping bedding/pillows seperate?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Euphoric !
    Get some of the outdoor picnic style blankets that have the waterproof backing on them and lay that on the bed - ie just in case it protects what is underneath. Remove the bedspread on the bed first of course as that just gets slippery anyways. Then give the child a shet over the blanket, a pillow and a blanket on top. When nap is over roll up all the bedding and fold the blanket out of the way - an underbed storage bin works well to just dump it all in.

For me it was more about the kids having access to stuff in my kids rooms so even though they are at school and not using the room it is not as childproof as it should have been. Those in playpens were put into my kids rooms and then others on mats were put where I had better supervision.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I have all my kids on daycare cots when they are over 2 (all designated and colour coded), under 2 they are in their own designated pack and play

Euphoric !
    Love that idea, Playfelt!

Euphoric !
    All my dcks are in play pens except one and he's on a nap mat. Play pens stay up all the time cause I'm too lazy to take them down and they are just part of the room decor now.

Euphoric !
    I have 3 playpens, a toodler bed, my futon and 2 cots. Each child has their own blankets for under them and over them and I don't mix them. Even the child who sleeps on the futon has a blanket under him and over him so he isn't in direct contact with my futon. I'm just like that, germs, ew! It's silly because they share germs all day, I know that. I wash all the bedding every Friday night.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    All my dcks are in play pens except one and he's on a nap mat. Play pens stay up all the time cause I'm too lazy to take them down and they are just part of the room decor now.
    Haha... When I rearrange the bedrooms (I am a re-arranger, LoL) I do so around the playpens. There is only one that I set up and take down as needed, for my p/timer.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-in-alberta View Post
    Haha... When I rearrange the bedrooms (I am a re-arranger, LoL) I do so around the playpens. There is only one that I set up and take down as needed, for my p/timer.

LOL I have gotten lazy too. I used to take mine down religiously and pack the blankets away every day but lately I leave 3 of the play pens up and just push them against the wall after nap. One is in my son's room and one is in the master bedroom. I think we have just gotten used to it.

I wouldn't put the kids on my bed or any of my children's beds. I consider beds to be my kids own 'space' and I don't want daycare germs to necessarily be where my own kids sleep. Some daycare kids have colds Nov- April every year or accidents during nap and I just wouldn't want that for my kids' space. I also would worry about the little one falling off the bed.

I do playpens and then the 2 or 3 inch nap mats on the floor when they get older.

I am sure it would be convenient to use existing beds though so I can understand the temptation.

My daycare provider (when I used to have my kids in daycare) would put a bed sheet on top of their master bedroom bed and have my kids sleep on it with their own blankets provided from me. I guess it worked for that daycare provider.