Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Shows up in underwear!

So the dcb I terminated a few weeks back and maybe has one week left here, shows up today and dad says he is in underwear. My jaw hits the floor! This little guys has been potty training unsuccessfully since April. He apparently is on his way at home to no accidents. He has one good day here yesterday which I assume put the idea in the parents head that undies would be the next step at daycare. Or like everything else they don't respect me and just show up not caring about my policy on this. I want to see 2 solid weeks of no accidents here and at home, before the diaper comes off at daycare. The dad did say I can use up the diapers I have here, but I'm unsure of where to go with this. I'm thinking at pick up I tell him that I wasn't comfortable with the early under wear choice here and he will remain in diapers. Or do I let him go the day in undies and just hope he doesn't pee on my carpets. If he does then I tell the parents no way? Ideas on this?

If you've terminated already, and you have diapers for him, why not just put him in diapers while he is there? If that is your policy, that is your policy. Who cares if you upset the parents? They are leaving. I wouldn't sweat it at all.

Euphoric !
    COnsidering the circumstances he should be put back into whatever diapers you have for him. They are just being mean and using the child a leverage and you don't need that. Two weeks of no accidents and child must be telling me in time not me guessing cause I get busy and am not clock watching all day.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would throw the diapers back on him. And I don't even know that I would approach the subject with mom or dad. In a week, they will be gone, and you don't have to worry about it anymore. If they ask; explain that he is not ready for undies at daycare yet, since he is too busy playing.
    Good riddance, huh?

Same as Playfelt. Must be accident-free for min 2 weeks at home for me to accept a child in undies here.