Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insurance WWYD?

Euphoric !

Insurance WWYD?

I have been shopping around as my current carrier will only cover me for 5 kids total (3+ my 2). The 2 best options I have are a regular insurance company (TD Meloche Monnex) that will cover me for 4+2 or going the commercial insurance route with my current carrier. The commercial route means about $750 more per yr but it would cover me for 5+2 and the coverage is better then your standard childcare ryder and will also cover me if I was to hire someone or have a volunteer. Thoughts? It works out to be $60 extra per month.

I know others have a standard ryder for 5+2, I cannot get anyone to cover me for that in Toronto. Even companies recommended in these threads. I have a clean insurance record, no claims.

Trace of Angels
    Hi Torontokids,

I think $60 a month is worth your peace of mind. So happy that you finally found someone to cover you in Toronto :-)

Expansive...
    Did you try co-operators?
    Or HB Group - Direct Protect | 905-507-6156 - they are in Mississauga

I have also heard of Aviva covering 5 plus your own.

Mine is $100 per year through Direct Protect/co-operators.

Euphoric !
    I am pretty sure i called them Spixie but I will try again. A lot of companies that did cover 5+2 (even as little as 6 mos ago) are not anymore for new clients. Also it seems brokers have individual decision making as to what they will cover. I believe it was Cooperators that the broker in Toronto said they "don't do home daycare anymore." Maybe I'll try the Mississauga office, however they might only do local and refer me to the chick in Toronto.

There are some companies Wawnessa and Gore that I contacted through a broker and their home and auto quotes were so ridiculous that it would not be smart to go with them. Apparently auto insurance can be harder to get in Toronto with some of these companies.

My current policy expires on fri so I need to make a decision soon!

State Farm offer 5 plus your own. Maybe give them a call

Outgoing
    I have commercial insurance as well. It cost me about 70/month. It's more expensive but I wanted coverage for an employee and at least coverage for 6 kids as I have 2 of my own. I don't have an employee at the moment but I am considering getting someone to cover me if I need to go to appointments and such. Now I care for 4 + my own but what if a family leaves then I can be at peace knowing they will cover up to 7 children as the families overlap.

I think it is definitely worth it.

Euphoric !
    Spixie, I pm'd you