Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Telling Family's I'm Moving??

How would you write your letter to let your family's know our moving?? It's 4 weeks enough time? In my contract says I only have to give 2 weeks but I just feel bad. I love my other family's besides my SIL. She already knows so I just want to write a nice letter to the other ones... I don't know what to say. Any ideas?

As much time as you possibly can is fair. I moved in June, and gave the families 5 weeks notice. It was hard, and I told them in person. I felt it was somehow more personal. I followed up with a written notice, of course, but I felt that it was the most courteous thing to hear it face to face.

Oh yes I plan to tell her today in person but I would like to have it in writing as well.

Euphoric !
    Hubby is military so we have done the relocate a few times. Most often families knew just after Christmas when we knew and then we set about to make a plan. We always moved in July so I could at least finish out the school year and they only had to worry about the summer knowing they had the option of a student for two months and then making arrangements for Sept so the urgency wasn't there.

I talked often with them letting them know my plan in terms of yes some things will get packed away but what we aren't using all the time - favourite things will stay out. Houses weren't staged back then so everyone that came through knew I had a daycare but it was confined as in all toys moved to the basement etc. no cutsey displays on the walls. I only ever had a couple people leave early but it may have been because of the timing of our moves. If I had been moving mid year there would have been more panic to find a place and take it as required rather than risk not having anything when I left.

Let the family know that you will be available right up to the last date and for them not to worry about that and that will help hopefully.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Gotcha.

How about:

Dear Families,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that we have an accepted offer on a home in Xtown. Our final day living in Thistown is XX, and I am going to be open for business until Xday. I have enjoyed every day I've spent with your children, and I will miss them greatly. Thank you all so much for the opportunity to have them here with my home. I hope it was as positive an experience for all of you as it has been for me.

I wish you all the very best in your future,

DeeDee

I love this draft Alphagetti - may I poach it and use it for a family that I will be terming when their little one starts up kindergarten ? (I don't do before and after school care, and they've been a lovely family so I have no hard feelings about this terming - it's purely a business decision, and like some of the other ladies here, I will certainly speak with the family in person regarding this matter, but I think it's best to follow up on that conversation with a written letter.)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Monday 2 Friday Mama For This Useful Post: