Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Spitting food while eating

So, today my 18 Mo son and the 17MO full timer decided that they would spit their food... they put it in their mouth and do a ''car'' sound. Since we had rice......... I have so ALL over the floor, and obviously the bigger kids though it was hilarious so they started doing it as well.....

how do you get them to stop? I turned their chairs around so they cant see each other... but it gets funnyer because they have the ''surprise '' effect.

and they decided do to that the day after I finally finished my spring cleaning...

Euphoric !
    First of all meal would be over and chairs would be moved to the perimeter of the room and they would sit while I cleaned up the floor and wiped it down.

I found it was easier to just not serve certain foods - rice is one that I found got all over and was hard to clean up and they spilled more tryign to get it to their mouth and it isn't very finger eating friendly so it isn't even on my menu.

yeah, my son usually does very well with rice... but not today, I'm not serving rice ever again you can be sure of that.

I ended up taking their food away and they had to wait in their chairs until i was done cleaning up ( and they didn't like that at all!)

I feel like full moon is coming up! I usually have a very well behaved group... but today.... My oh my!

Euphoric !
    My dck all love rice and I serve it several times a week ... Today in fact ... For the babies I use the milder bibs with the scoop on the bottom and there is very little mess the older one are told to eat over their plates and I vacuum at the end of the day ..... However Spitting would not be tolerated and the child would be removed from the table and made to wait till every one else is finished to have their lunch ... Same would go for any one else that thought this might be a fun thing to do. Generally all I hav to do to get my dcks to stop something is to give them the "look" .

Euphoric !
    Yep. Plates gone, lunch is over. They wait while I clean up the mess. And there would be a very frowny look on my face while doing so. They need to know that it's not funny, or okay to do again.
    Lunch was a little hectic at our house today, too. Must be in the water, or something. LoL

yup, full moon is tomorrow. that's why!

i decided that nap would start a little early today.... i think they need the quiet time.. ( and so do I!!!)