Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Pants

No Pants

So yesterday one of my dcg showed up with no pants on, just splash pants. She was the only dck I had yesterday, so I told the father it was fine just for yesterday. I changed our plans for the day and only went outside in the afternoon close to pick up. I didn't want her in wet pants all day. Mom picked her up, but mom doesn't speak English.

Today the same thing no pants on under the splash pants. The father said that her mom said that was fine. I told him that no it wasn't fine we are planning on going out this morning as there is a chance of rain this afternoon. I told him that she has to come ready for the day. He then asked if he should take her home. I told him that I would check her bag to see if there was a extra pair in there, if not then yes he would have to go home with her and not return until she was ready for the day. I checked the bag and their was a pair. I told the father that from now on she has to have to be ready or she can not come in. After the father left I put the pants on her just to discover they were damp, they never took out her wet gloves from the night before. I put them on her anyways as they will be dry by the time we go out, but now her gloves are wet (inside as well as outside). Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I have a feeling this is going to be a long day.

Starting to feel at home...
    Yeah that would upset me too, i would have something to say at pickup

I wanted to say something last night at pick up but the mom doesn't speak English so couldn't.

Outgoing
    I always have spare pants, but maybe they thought the splash pants were regular pants and they didn't know that you have to wear pants underneath. Maybe if you showed her how the pants worked then they would get it.

Why do parents no think of daycare like , work, or school. They have to be ready for the day. They wouldn't go to work with just splash pants on, or, hopefully, not send their kids to school with just splash pants on.

Euphoric !
    It sounds like they think that the splash pants are regular pants?
    Just need to let them know that they are NOT, and that they are meant to go OVER another pair of pants.

Expansive...
    All my kids have large zip lock bags we change seasonally with a few extra pants, tops, socks, underwear etc... If anything gets soiled the items go home and get replaced the next day of care. With that said at the beginning of the winter and Summer I always go to the buck store and stock up on extra mitts and hats, sun hats for those just in case days so we never go without. Sometimes little boys wear pink mittens but it's better then going without!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Skysue: What a great idea to pick up some extras from the "buck store" I'm so going to do that for the coming seasons
    Thanks for sharing the idea