Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

This ad makes me go hmmm

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-services-...AdIdZ468931975

if she has 5 kids and charges 30 dollars per kid that would be 750 minus 300 dollars would give you 450 dollars (if she charged 35 per kid it would give her an extra 100 dollars)

that would be wierd that you would be willing to pay someone that much and why would she need everyday from 8 to 4 pm unless you have more than 5 kids. Because I have 5 kids here and I don't need a helper, heck I know alot of providers with that many kids and they don't need a helper (once in a while for appointments but not everyday) do you not think that they have more than 5 kids everyday????

Shy
    Maybe it's a short-term position? I could see doing something like that after having surgery or something.

Starting to feel at home...
    The "willing to take first aid/CPR upon hiring" makes me think it could be long term, but who knows. I know of a home day care (unlicensed) in another town close to me, and the provider watches 10+ children and has a helper who she pays apparently very generously. The daycare has been reported in the past, but apparently the provider just refuses the ministry to enter the daycare...this is all word of mouth from friends of mine who had their dd in her care for a short spell of time.

Outgoing
    its not short term because she has posted an ad before (I take it this one didn't work out) I just find it wierd that you would need someone everyday all day and thru nap time, then what is the provider doing if she has a helper. If you look at it, almost half her pay.

if the ministry came, do you have to allow them in your house, I know someone who they went to because of a complaint and she let them in, they did put the fear in her saying that they can enter the house anytime, but I was wondering if this was true.

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm not 100% certain, but my guess would be because your residence is private property they would need your permission first....I was told that they never went back to her daycare after she refused them entry.

Expansive...
    Maybe because it is out in bugtussle nowhere she charges closer to 45-50 a day? It is weird as just take less kids and do it on your own? Maybe she doesn't really need the cash and is doing it because she wants a little extra? Being with kids all day is one thing but could you imagine doing this job and not having any adult interaction outside of daycare. She could be lonely?

Trace of Angels
    And she is really only paying the girl $7.50 an hour??????? Even if she takes 1/2 hour break or not the last time I checked minimum wage in Ontario was $10.25........isn't that not OK?????
    I hired a helper for three mornings week to help me for the next six weeks until I have my surgery and then she will be full time for the eight weeks following my surgery as I won't be able to lift anything over 10lbs! I am paying her $12.00 an hour, but it is only short term............

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trace of Angels View Post
    And she is really only paying the girl $7.50 an hour??????? Even if she takes 1/2 hour break or not the last time I checked minimum wage in Ontario was $10.25........isn't that not OK?????
    I hired a helper for three mornings week to help me for the next six weeks until I have my surgery and then she will be full time for the eight weeks following my surgery as I won't be able to lift anything over 10lbs! I am paying her $12.00 an hour, but it is only short term............
    I would hope that's under the table pay or something for an empty Nester.