Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stat hoildays??

Starting to feel at home...

Stat hoildays??

So i started a dcb ft this week and mom had asked me at pick up do we pay you stat hoildays i told her in the contract its says stats are paid. But i told her that because she had a horrible experince at the daycare before me its okay you dont. I get a call saying that my husband doesnt agree with paying stats if we dont get paid stats.
    Do you guys charge for stats?

Yes I charge for stats as long as the child would regularly attend on that day. It's written in my contract. I haven't had a parent complain about it yet

Outgoing
    I charge for stats, but not for the four weeks I close for my vacation. This is standard in my area, so parents don't tend to question it. In any case, it's in the contract they sign, so if they don't agree with it, they don't have to go with me. They can go elsewhere if they don't like my terms. I certainly wouldn't accept someone trying to change the terms of a signed contract after the fact. And if they had a bad experience elsewhere, I would be sympathetic, but I don't understand why I would have to subsidize that person's bad experience by contributing my own income to their family????
    Last edited by treeholm; 03-27-2013 at 05:10 PM.

I charge for stats. If the child attends part-time then I only charge for it if it falls on a regularly scheduled daycare day. I've never had anyone question paying for stat holidays... it's very standard.

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    Yup ~ I do! If they are part time no...they just pay the minimum 3 days.

I do, too. Even when working for an agency you get paid for stats.

Outgoing
    Yup paid stats here too !

DEFINATLY get paid for stats long weekend people tomorrows FRIDAY ........Just saying

HAPPY EASTER

Expansive...
    I also charge for every stat that the child would regularly attend daycare.

I have never had a complaint and I write it in my contract.

Just remind her that it was in the contract and she signed it and that you cannot change your contract.

If you let anything change on your contract then they think everything is negotiable.

I used to have a job where I didn't get paid for stats but my daycare contract stated that I owed fees for stats so I did pay and didn't complain because it was in the contract. People should really have respect to follow what they signed

Good luck. Stand firm

apples and bananas
    I don't get paid for stats, but thats by my own design.

I don't understand why you would take a cut because of an experiance with a previous provider. It's unfortunate that she had a bad experiance but what does that have to do with you.

Also, I would issue her a new contract stating she doesn't pay for stats if that's what you've chosen to do. You've told her one thing, but the contract states something different. It makes you look as if your contract is just for show and doesn't really mean anything.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post: