Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Do you give Easter presents?

I had 2 very sweet parents drop of Easter goodies for each child. I feel bad because I didn't prepare any special gifts for my kids. I figure after Christmas and Valentines day they have had enough sweets and junk. The Easter bunny brings enough no?Painted pallet with casters makes a nice industrial rolling table

Does this make me look bad?

Outgoing
    No, I don't think that makes you look bad. I'm sure you did crafts with the kids, which is enough in my mind. I don't think we need to give gifts for every holiday.
    I, myself, am not giving any gifts for Easter. Actually, today is the only day we are doing a craft, as we have had really nice weather this week, so I chose to spend it outdoors with the kids instead of indoors doing crafts.

We have an Easter Egg hunt and I provide the treats and basket for that. Otherwise, we did a Easter craft which took several days and that's enough.

apples and bananas
    I make up small bags, this years had a small bubbles, a sidewalk chalk and some stickers. We've been doing crafts all week, but I like to give the kids something treat like. I don't give them any sweets though. I think it sends the wrong message.

Starting to feel at home...
    I gave my daycare kids a small goodie bag each for Easter (all stuff was from Dollarama).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mommyof2princesses For This Useful Post:

I made them a easter basket. they have a small chocolate bunny, a cookie shaped like a easter egg, a bunny shaped bubble container and they will get to bring the easter eggs they find during the hunt we will have after nap! Parents can decide when they eat their goodies AT HOME!
    we will be doing crafts today as well... Each basket were a big 8$ each!

We have done craft all week for Easter. Today, the Easter bunny is visiting while kids are down for a nap. They all get a basket that has bubbles, a bunny stuffy, a matching game, kinder egg, and mini eggs. We will also be doing an egg hunt after we get the kids from school. Each kid will get about 8 eggs to find that have jubs and mini choc eggs in them. They will not be able to eat anything until they go home.

Expansive...
    Yes I give a little treat bag. Usually the kids decorate/paint the treat bag.

Most of my parents also send in treats for the other kids. It is really nice

Outgoing
    We have been doing crafts all week and this AM I gave them a little gift. All things from dollorama mostly crayons, coloring books and bunny ears and later they will get to use the pails for our egg hunt which have a small chocolate treat in it.

Euphoric !
    I didn't do gifts because they don't really get the why so don't want them thinking they get to take a gift home every weekend or something. Not all families celebrate Easter the same and I learned to tread lightly on this one - some want only the religious significance and others are ok with the chocolate bunnies, eggs etc and others want no chocolate for their toddlers.

Normally we would have used Easter as the transition from winter to spring with the idea of grass, and the wild bunnies would be back in the yard, birds, squirrels active etc. and we would be putting away all the winter stuff and talking about the tulips poking through the yard .......well non of that is on the learning agenda this week or likely for a few weeks more. Easter belongs at the end of April and that is when we will do the theme.

I did do some Easter eggs with the kids yesterday just so they had something to take home - simple but everyone was excited and parents were impressed - it really doesn't have to be an elaborate time consuming expensive tear out the hair while getting them done kind of craft. I printed a page of 4 eggs on pastel cardstock - pink, yellow, mauve. They coloured them with crayons and then later in the day (between lunch and nap) we cut the page into 4 and ran each egg through the cuttlebug using an assortment of embossing folders (scrapbookers will know what I mean) and that made their eggs "bumpy". During nap I cut out the eggs so each went home with a littl zip bag of bumpy eggs to pass out to family. All they had to do was help hand me the egg to put in the embossing folder and then they cranked the handle to pass it through the machine. They loved feeling the textures. Will for sure do this again with shapes or letters or specific colours.