Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    You have to be so careful with the legal (slander) issue. In fact parents can be slapped with a slander charge if they say anything that could prevent a caregiver from getting business. The opposite is true also you can't say anything that may cause a parent from getting a spot in a daycare. The only question that should be asked is "would you take this family in your daycare again?" or "would you register your child is this daycare again"? This suggestion came from a lawyer.

Be careful!!

Euphoric !
    Hmmm.... I have only been "here" for a couple of months, and didn't even know that this used to be an option.
    I honestly don't think I would use this feature. I prefer to get to know a family, on my own volition. I think sometimes people's personalities don't mesh well, and that would make for a large number of the "BAD" reviews. I know that this sometimes means that I can end up with lemon-family, haha. But I would rather discover that myself than have my opinion colored with someone elses.
    Didn't mean this to sound preachy or anything.... I just wanted to weigh in, since I didn't even know there was such a thing!!

Shy
    Way I see it - I want to know the non-payers and those who mess around (I just got screwed over by a new family earlier this week and now am without income). It is not slander/libel/defamation when it's factual. If you stray from the facts and make it personal or put emotion in it, it can be a legal issue for sure. I think that most people would be able to read through the lines and see whether it's a personality conflict or a true issue, you know? But overall, there are reviews on everything out there in the world and opinions, so why not on parents?

Quote Originally Posted by BCParent View Post
    Way I see it - I want to know the non-payers and those who mess around (I just got screwed over by a new family earlier this week and now am without income). It is not slander/libel/defamation when it's factual. If you stray from the facts and make it personal or put emotion in it, it can be a legal issue for sure. I think that most people would be able to read through the lines and see whether it's a personality conflict or a true issue, you know? But overall, there are reviews on everything out there in the world and opinions, so why not on parents?
    BCParent...........t his is why all providers need to start up a LOCAL forum in their area that is private and only for providers in your city.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    BCParent...........t his is why all providers need to start up a LOCAL forum in their area that is private and only for providers in your city.
    Good Point! I already have a website and forum - it would be easy enough to elabaorate on. I think I shall do this!

BCParent let me know when your forum is set up as myself and others in the area would be interested in getting involved.
    Also, I know of a few caregivers in our area that have taken parents to small claims court and because they had a contract with everything outlined as to the payment schedule the parents had to pay the money owed as well as the loss of income for the caregiver's time while at court. It is not as difficult as it seems to file a claim.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by horsegirl View Post
    BCParent let me know when your forum is set up as myself and others in the area would be interested in getting involved.
    Also, I know of a few caregivers in our area that have taken parents to small claims court and because they had a contract with everything outlined as to the payment schedule the parents had to pay the money owed as well as the loss of income for the caregiver's time while at court. It is not as difficult as it seems to file a claim.
    Wonderful - will do! I have it semi set up and will finish up tonight and will send you a PM and give you the info.

I have a parent I should have taken to court a while back but they are ever skilled at changing daycares and rental homes and it's hard to keep up with them. Grr!

Quote Originally Posted by BCParent View Post
    I am looking for reviews on the parents based on the Daycare's Perspective - there was an option on here but now it's gone.
    Oh ok.
    Any case you cannot see reviews on parents and parents cannot see reviews on providers ( because the providers have an option to hide it)..so conclusion- it is useless to post reviews.
    Did not know that you could plug in phone numbers and read reviews..since I do not recollect seeing a "visible" option

Hi,

The option is not gone.

You have to log as a member, where you can manage your daycare description, places, etc... Look at the left, you have like 4 menu option. One of them is Parent's registry

Have fun searching!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah For This Useful Post: