Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Feeling like a big bag of POOP!

So today was suppose to be are Easter party. I had so much fun stuff planed... Well we didn't get to do a single thing today because the nephews where out of control.. They wouldn't listen they were rude. Then quite time came and I couldn't find the youngests teddy any where. I called SIL and oopse she forgot.. So not quite time. Screaming the whole time. Plus screaming durning lunch. Then I have a doc appointment so my hubby comes for 30 min while I go. I come back and they have totally distoryed the play room. And as Soon as I get there hubby runs for the hills!! Ugh I was so mad! Then the kids refused to clean up. Doesn't matter how many time outs they are in they still won't do it. So I was soo frustrated. I unloaded on SIL. Now I feel like crap... But she always just blows me off when I tell her things she needs to work on with them.. I guess I just couldn't take it any more. But now she's not taking to me.. Sometimes I hate this..

Expansive...
    They should loose privileges if time outs don't work, seriously there behaviour is terrible and totally disrespectful. Your sister has no right treating you this way either, you need to seriously terminate those boys. Family or not your sister has no right to ignore this problem. She needs a reality check and they wouldn't last long in a daycare centre acting like that.

I feel your pain but you need to terminate.

I agree with skysue...you need to terminate. Not only for your sanity but for the sake of your relationship with your sister in law. Because it is family, the typical termination letter would obviously would not be the best way. Obviously.

I would have a meeting with sis in law and tell her that for the sake of salvaging family relations, you cannot keep nephews in your care anymore. Tell her you will work with her to find the right dc provider. Check out local home dc providers in your area, offer to go with her to interview...give her an extra week or two than you would your typical 2 wks...in other words...try to make the transition go as smoothly as possible. In short, do everything you can possibly do to help your nephews find an appropriate place to grow and thrive. Just not in your daycare. I would even throw in that perhaps they are "not stimulated enough and need more of a Montessori type program".

Advertise and replace the 2 spots. Explain in your "Family" meeting with sis in law that you love your nephews, but that this is a business. This is your career. Your income. Your livelihood. You cannot wake up everyday dreading your nephews and blur the lines between business and family.

She might get mad, but you are being walked on. Big time.

...and a note to add...This is why most providers do NOT provide care for family and friends. Some work. Most don't. Family ALWAYS wants special. Special for them = extra work, unappreciated, and headaches for YOU!

Shy
    as a rememebr deedee is moving therefore notice of termination was given to her SIL anyways....

don't feel bad I wouldn't she needs to realize the seriousness of her childrens bad behaviour, you're not going to be around for them anymore good luck to them finding another DCP that will put up with that behaviour.

Have a great long weekend!

Outgoing
    I am so sorry that you are experiencing such trouble with a family member. I know that makes termination so much more difficult. But I love Other Mummy's idea of explaining that you need to do this to preserve the family relationship. It might still be quite tense for awhile, and she might not speak to you for awhile, but isn't that better than you losing your mind?