Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    I guess I have parents who know what to do with the cloth diapers because they always come back clean and fresh. I love not having to dispose of stinky diapers in my garbage. I do use disposable wipes though. I used cloth for my own children, so it wasn't a huge adjustment when parents asked me if I was open to using cloth. I find them just as sanitary as disposable. Instead of dealing with a poopy disposable in my garbage, I just bag up the cloth one. Same amount of dealing with anything unsanitary.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to treeholm For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I really never had any of the issues mentioned. I did have one whose diapers leaked as she got older, but her parents added a liner and the problem was solved. I don't care whether they want me to use cloth or disposable wipes...I just wet a bunch in the morning and keep in a wipes box ready to go...takes 10 seconds tops. I change all my dck's 3-4 times per day, so the cloth diaper kids were about the same...only difference being that you cna get away with skipping a changing if you are out at the park etc with disposables and not with cloth...I just carried bags and changed tthem at the park. For me, I strongly support cloth diapers because it is better for the environment. I feel sick when I see the giant bag of dirty diapers I have to put out on the crub each week...our landfills are full of diapers!

I used cloth with my kids. They're not gross or unsanitary...this mindset really bothers me.

They are easy peasy, and instead of throwing a disposible into a plastic bag, you're throwing a cloth diaper into a wet bag. No biggie. I prewet my cloth wipes, and put them in a regular wipes container. This is also not a big deal at all.

If you're the one doing the diapering, read a few how to's if you're not comfortable with them. There will not be leaks if you're diapering properly.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I use cloth myself and so do a lot of my families. A couple of my families use disposables and I have to say I prefer cloth. The cloth diaper wet bags go home each night, whereas with disposables, I find even with a diaper genie (and dumping waste in toilet) it still stinks up my bathroom!

One you get used to using cloth it is just as easy

please see my post: "Cloth Diapers, Baby Wipes and Envirotards" FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Daycare123 View Post
    I use cloth myself and so do a lot of my families. A couple of my families use disposables and I have to say I prefer cloth. The cloth diaper wet bags go home each night, whereas with disposables, I find even with a diaper genie (and dumping waste in toilet) it still stinks up my bathroom!

One you get used to using cloth it is just as easy
    i get the rolls of compostable doggy poop bags, dump, bag and put it in the diaper genie. i also put a few table spoons of baking powder in the bottom of the bag every time i change out the bag.

Outgoing
    I likea using cloth diapers, but, I find it at times inconvenient. I do a lot outings and I carry a bag pack with our snacks and extra change clothing, a bag with toys, a bag with swimsuits and towels. And when I have children in cloth diapers in my care I have also to carry a stinky wet bag. Even in playgroups my attention was called when somebody mentioned that the room stinks.

I'm not sure how you feel about this but, I absolutely do not like the idea carrying poop close to the children's snaks even if it is in a bag. I personally would not eat my food if it was close to a poopy diaper so, I do not do that to my children. The inconvenience is to carry around the dirty ones around especially during hot summers.

I also have experienced that one of my little ones started to develop a certain kind of skin condition around the bottom so, she was.diagnosed with developing a certain type of fongus. So, needles to say her parents disposed all the cloth diapers and we started potty training at 18 months. And the second child used disposables and we trained him early too. In many years of experience using cloth diapers this was the first time seeing this kind of skin condition.

Also the parent of the little girl mentioned that they've done their research etc. And they really support the environment matters, but he mentioned that actually it wasn't the cost. He explained that they were using their washing and dryer machine almost every day, the diapers smelled and they had to do it. So he realized that his water and electricity bills went higher. Considering that his children were trained sooner the cost of buying disposable diapers where less than buying expensive cloth diapers and the time an maintenance of those.

I never discourage parents of using cloth diapers if they have the time they can do so. But, also I have noticed that some parents bring the cloth diapers to daycare and they keep their children in disposables in their homes or when they go out ��.
    Last edited by Peacefulbird; 11-23-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Starting to feel at home...
    I notice this is a really old thread, but I'll still add my 2 cents
    I used cloth on my own kids, so I have no issue with them. I had all kinds, from flats to AIOs, even some high end fitteds with wool covers. So cost effective-I saved money on #1, and diapered #2 for free (well water, and no real difference in electric bill). I require them to be ready to go (they must stuff/fold) and they go in a wet bag. I'm rural, we only do field trips on the property, so I never need to take it anywhere. I fold poop ones and stick in the bag for the parent. I prefer cloth because they go home-no extra garbage for me! I change all children as needed or after 2h, so leaks aren't an issue. I vastly prefer cloth trainers over pull ups because they actually feel wet, but hold all the pee so safer than undies.

I never used cloth diapers yet. I use disposable diapers for my baby boy. I think there are fine. Pricey but good. Cloth diapers are made in way so that you can use it several times. But I am little worried how this cloth diaper holds urine and pee. A disposable diaper can be used about 6/7 hours but will a cloth diaper do good for about 6 hours?

Expansive...
    For my daycare I like to use disposable diapers as I find that cloth diapers leave a smell !
    the Parents can use whatever they like at home but for the daycare only disposable diapers work for me and the daycare.