Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

What a difference! :)

Oh how nice a morning it has been. Last week one of my clients decided she wanted to go from 5 days a week to 2. I told her that this was not financially feasible and that she would have to pay for 4 days. She chose to end care immediately (just your typical temper tantrum because she didn't get her own way) Anyways, I can't tell you how much nicer our day has gone. All the other kids get here by 7:30 and we always had to wait around until 9 when she got here (mom wanted to drop her off at 11 and I always said no 9 was the latest) but we all had breakfast together this morning, started our day earlier, circle time was earlier, snack was on time and everyone was just really happy

This little one always pulled the most heinous screaming fit at drop off..hitting and kicking her mother and screaming in her face (never pulled that crap with me) but mom would take forever coddling her and whispering to her and it only made her scream and hit more! Was so frustrating to watch, hard on everyone's ears and just made a miserable start to the day....without her getting dropped off today it was so peaceful!

I didn't realize how much 'drama' her drop off was causing and I didn't realize how much her mother was causing me grief (constant issues with drop off, never had proper outdoor clothing, late all the time dropping off, etc). Its amazing how one change in little ones can change the entire dynamics of the daycare. Today was so refreshing and enjoyable Sorry had to share some good with the group.

I'll gladly take the income loss to have the days run like this all the time

Outgoing
    I hope your days continue just like today for you. funny how sometimes we dont even realize when someone is causing us grief.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gramma For This Useful Post:

I am happy to hear your days are going to run smoother and quieter. I am waiting for Sept for my 31/2 yr old dcb to be gone. He is a big nusance but nothing I can term over.........so I wait LOL. Thanks for sharing your happy story.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yay for easier days! I am in the exact same boat...I terminated one last week and today is my first peaceful day in 6 months...I actually couldn't believe how quiet, calm and peaceful the morning was! No fights, tantrums, screaming, nobody got hurt, I was able to read stories and hear my own voice...and no giant fit to deal with at drop-off time (my dcb also screamed at and hit his parents...it killed me to watch). I knew it was bad before, but only seeing how easy it is without that one child really makes me realize how bad it was. I have a new one starting tomorrow...let's hope she is a quiet little angel

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I honestly didn't realize how miserable we all were with her here. While the income loss will hurt for a month (her replacement starts in May) the peace and quiet will be well worth it Good luck with your newbie Sunnydays!

Euphoric !
    Isn't it wonderful when you realize how peaceful it is when you have a good group in care without the screamers or children with bad behaviour that can't be corrected? It's difficult to terminate and sad for our bank accounts when we lose a child unexpectedly and we all hate interviewing and transitioning again, but it's worth it in the end to find the right families.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.