Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    Hi....I have had an inquiry about play dates and wondered if any of you had this experience or know someone who did. The question was related to the fact that I wrote (see above) that I used to have play dates and was inspected, and the Prov. allowed them...as long as they weren't too frequent. The same thing happened last year and I was told that they were forbidden (with the usual caveats re: numbers of children and adults we all discussed above). Am I the only one this happened to??? Has anyone else had this experience?

Euphoric !
    Playdates are a no go unless the number of children between both of you is not over 5. If you look on the CCPRN website and there was an article in one of the newsletters that the ministry was contacted and they put in writing the "rules". I think in the past it was a case of they sort of just turned a blind eye unless there was a complaint. But after that drowning at a caregiver playdate last summer they have made it clear that playdates in private homes are no longer allowed. The CCPRN had a petition going to get the ministry to lighten up on the rules.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I agree mamaof4, winter months are much more isolating. In the summer we go to a park with about 6 - 9 other caregivers and it is so nice. We meet up at the local splash pad and have picnic lunches with the kids, etc.

My daycare families are all told in the summer our focus isn't on education activities, but switches to being outside as much as possible and gross motor and prosocial skills. This benefits the children as much as it does me because it then means I can socialize with my friends too.

I have worked in centres too and do miss the socialization. But working in a centre it was a different kind of socialization, more the fact that I knew someone was there vs being able to chit chat. The centres I worked in we weren't even allowed to stand near each other let alone talk. If the director caught us together and talking about something not related to the centre, oh boy we were in caa caa. Where being my own boss, if I want to sit on the bench with my friends and chit chat while watching the children play at the park, I can. But when we are in daycare it can be challenging, occassionally, I will call a friend, earphones are amazing, I have my hands free, still run daycare, and talk on the phone. Don't do it all the time, but there are just days when I need that adult conversation during free play.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com