Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Playpens, take them apart or keep them together

I have a large daycare space, I now have 4 playpens in my daycare and I find it's taking a lot of space. This is the only room, I use for my home daycare. I was wondering, if there is someone out there with a similar space and wondering if you pack the playpens when you are not using them.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Outgoing
    When I had all my playpens in the one area, I took them up and down everyday before and after nap time. Or sometimes, I would leave one up, and put all the others inside for storage.
    Now, I have the playpens back in seperate rooms and I take them down on Friday and put them back up on Mondays.

Euphoric !
    My playpens are in bedrooms and I can just leave them up. I do keep one in the playroom for when I need to dump the youngest quickly to go to the bathroom, etc. and that one mostly stays up too.

apples and bananas
    When I had a lot of playpens in one room I would take down all but one, and store the ones I took down inside the one that stayed up.

I've since purchased a video monitor for all rooms and am able to transition to sleep mats way quicker and with much less stress.

I love my job, I don't mind the daycare taking up space in my home... I HATE seeing playpens in all of the bedrooms.

Euphoric !
    I do what saves time. When my kids were younger and using their rooms then the playpens went up and down as they desired and when even older would do it themselves and in theory if they took it down were responsible for putting it back up the next day. I love that I don't have to rush around every morning putting up three playpens before heading downstairs for the day.

Euphoric !
    I have play pens set up in my bedrooms and they just stay there .... They have been there so long they are part of the decor

Expansive...
    I am lazy ha ha!!! I have two rooms in my daycare space. Playroom and nap/snack/art room. I leave 4 playpens set up in there full time as well as 5 chairs with booster/tray seats, kitchen table and small ikea kids table.If we are not in that room I close the door and we stay in the playroom.

Euphoric !
    I have one large space as well and I put up/take down the play pens everyday at nap. It is annoying but I don't like having them take up space and I only have 2 (the other kids are on cots that I also lug out every day at nap time.) One positive is that my taking them out and setting them up helps them to get ready for nap time as it is all part of the routine.