Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Question 2 toddlers in same room for nap?

I just started with another full time toddler girl, she will make a great buddy for the other 2 yr old I currently have for 7 mnths now. Does anyone put the kids in the same room to nap? I currently have a full size crib and a portable pack & play crib in one room. Our nap time is 12:15 - 2:15. Does anyone else do this? Or am I sabotaging the girls nap time?

apples and bananas
    I do it. I have my best 2 sleepers in the same room. I too thought this would end in disaster so I made sure to try it out when my sanity was fully in tact.

It works great! They have both been with me for a while, so they know the expectation is to sleep or at least stay quiet.

Even when one has a cough the other doesn't fuss.

I would suggest you try it on a day that you have lots of patience and lots of sanity to spare... just in case it goes horribly wrong. LOL

I actually have 3 boys nap in the same room; one is my 3 year old son (in his toddler bed), the other 2 are 2 1/2 year old boys (1, a small little guy in a pack n play & the other on a cot); works out great as they are all excellent nappers. That being said, it would not work well with the 2 youngest I have to be with anyone as they sit and chat for awhile before nodding off.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I have 4-5 all in the same room but if I have a new baby they start out in the next room on their own until they adjust to our nap routine. I have great sleepers in care - 2 hours - and I swear by my blackout curtains, they are worth the money.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have three of my toddlers in a sleeping room, all in their own pack n plays...I use a noise machine, and black out curtains, and they all seem to do very well in there! They tend to "talk" to each other before falling asleep for 10-15 minutes, so I think they all enjoy the company!

Outgoing
    I usually have 3-4 in one room at a time...the only one I don't is my oldest toddler...she doesn't nap as long as the others and can be disruptive...the others are in pnp or cots and sleep beautifully together.

Shy
    I have exactly the same set up - full size crib and play pen in a room with two toddlers napping. My old kids (3+) have quiet time on mats in the playroom but most don't sleep. There are days they are a bit silly and take longer to go to sleep but for the most part they know it's nap time and they put themselves to sleep with little to no help from me. I do also have black out blinds in the room they sleep in which I think helps. If you have the option/availability to add these I'd recommend it.

Outgoing
    I have 4 kids who sleep in pnp's in the same room. They know the drill now and usually are asleep within 5-10 mins. Sometimes, it takes one a bit longer to fall asleep, but they know they have to be quiet for their friends. My youngest is in another room, as she doesn't sleep as long as the others and can be disruptive.