Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Further to my earlier post, I think I am going to run away....

Omg!!!! I have had one child scream all morning (maybe teething) and 2 older ones who have literally argued about absolutely everything imaginable!!! It I supposed to be our "quiet time" right now yet nothing seems to quiet these 2 older kids. If they could argue about who has to go to the bathroom first, they would and they actually did for a short while this morning but thank goodness there is more than one bathroom. I think I'm going to run away, far far away. These older kids don't nap anymore and during what is supposed to be my break, I am negotiating and sounding like a broken record with the same things over and over. I'm gonna explode!!!! Maybe there's a full moon?! Thank god for this forum!

Outgoing
    Oh gosh you should make naptime/quiet time mandatory. For me this is NOT negotiable regardless of age or if they nap at home. You need a break and recharge. My older kids sleep less but are still required to lay on their mats but they can have a book as long as they remain quiet the entire naptime which is usually 2 hours. All of them so far fall asleep.

Good luck !

Euphoric !
    everyone naps here too ...... they are all in their own rooms with the doors shut and fans running by 1230 at the latest and I don't go back till 315.
    If you have outgrown your nap then you have outgrown my daycare.

oh dear! this is NOT your day.
    full moon was last week... but there is something in the air for sure!

There has to be something in the air!!!! Lol maybe if I close my eyes or tap my heels together everything will just go away...here's to hoping!!! Thanks ladies for lifting my spirits

This forum is our virtual water cooler...Vent away Mambia

Euphoric !
    How old are they that they are not napping? All my kids nap...even my almost 5 year old when he is home...he has to lie down quietly for at least an hour. And, while I am not a TV fan...could you let them watch a movie to keep them quiet and give you a break? You NEED a break! I don't know if I would survive the job without my 2-2.5 hours every afternoon!

The older ones are 3.5 and 4 and neither one of them will stay still long enough anywhere in the house to give me a break. I tried the tv thing but their attention span is that of a rock so while they sit there for 15 min, all of a sudden they need to get up and go. I've had 2 new kids so also in a bit of transition with napping and dealing with teething/screaming so overall, lacking a solid routine at the moment. Shame on me I know. Tomorrow I put my foot down and strap the older ones down if I have too during quiet time. If everyday works out like today then I'm doomed for failure and will simply burn out.