That would have affected my decision! I found that all of the daycares I interviewed had their play areas in the basements and I wasn't against it, but I would have liked to find one that was nicely set up, decorated, bright, etc. and if it had some small windows that would be great too. I would never have put my child in a daycare with unfinished walls, floors, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by lilac View Post
our playroom is in the basement too, I tell the parents that we spend a lot of time there in the winter months but we get out side as much as possible and practically spend the summer outside. I dont allow the kids to eat downstairs, and we do our crafts upstars as well, so while in the winter we do spend a significant amount of time down there, it isnt ALL day. Also, our basement is fully finished, insulated, carpeted, lots of light and actually we do get a lot of natural light from the windows there. However, I'm surprised at thenumber of daycares I interviewed when I was looking for care for my kids and also looking at ads w/ pixs posted at how many daycares were playrooms in unfinished basements. Area rugs on the floor, or sometimes not, bare concrete walls, sometimes just bedsheets tacked up on the wall over the pink insulation.... sooo surprised! It didnt affect my decision on where my kids went, but I was surprised to see that...