Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diaper Station

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar

Diaper Station

I was just wondering how everyone sets up the diaper station? I have four little ones that are in them, and I did have diapers in a basket under the change table but we have new little guys; and someone is always in the bins. I dont want to shell out a tone of cash right now. Some ideas please

Expansive...
    I change diapers on a floor mat. Each child has a bin with diapers etc. in a large cupboard in the daycare washroom. Washroom is gated from the playroom so no one goes in without me!

Starting to feel at home...
    I use the top three bins of my toy bin organizer (the tall organizer with the multi-colored bins) ....I keep the daycare kids diapers the first larger bin, wipes and creams in the middle bin, and my sons diapers in the last bin...this way it keeps them separate and the kids cannot reach them.....the boxes of diapers are stored in the closet in my daycare sleeping room and I re-stock my bins usually twice a week or as needed.

What about wall shelves above your change table? The ones with brackets are pretty cheap. Until recently I too changed on the floor but due to surgery & bending like that hurts until I recuperate I've repurposed an old (short) dresser into a change table, with a large folded towel on top that they lay on (a tall ikea stool helps as they can climb up themselves)...the youngest kids cannot open the dresser drawer. I have a picture of it in my albums (daycare set up) to give you a visual (stackable shelves from the dollar store hold my diapers on the counter beside it).
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

my diaper/nap room is off my playarea. I have a large 2 shelf metal shoe rack which has room to house 5 sets of diapers. I keep the diaper creams, wipes and individual soothers on the bottom shelf. I have my change mat on the floor(I have a washable rug underneath for my knees) next to it so all items are easily accessable. I got it at Costco.

Euphoric !
    My diaper change table is a desk 24x48 so works for older kids too. Cut a piece of foam to fit the top of it and covered it in vinyl - just duct taped the seam on the back. I have an old quilt thing I made that goes on that which I wash weekkly. Each child has a bin ( empty square ice cream pail) with their own change mat in it and any diaper cream mom has sent. These are stored on narrow shelves above the toilet in the small two piece washroom on main floor which is right near by the change table. This desk has no drawers but a shelf under that has round ice cream pails on it they put their socks and shoes in for naptime. I have a 5 drawer plastic tower from Canadian Tire - which is on for half price again this week I saw in the flyer. Each child has a labeled drawer with their diapers in there. When we are running low I just let parents know.

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    Thanks everyone