Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Angry Another summer season another attempt at sabotage

Hi everyone
    I need your expert advice. Last year at this time, someone posted negative reviews of my daycare. I didn't realize for ages that someone had done this and I was floored when I realized and put two and two together and realized why I didn't get any emails or phone calls for children for a few months. This person I surmise is a competitor in my area as there are many day cares within a 3 kilometer radius of my home. The worse thing about this was everything they posted were blatant lies and maliciousness. Too nasty to go into all the details. Anyway, I am updating my site again and there it is again! Spewing untruths about my daycare. Saying they just visited me (haven't interviewed in months) that i smoke, not true yuck! That I only look after babies (same as last year looking to snatch up any children moving into our area) and that I have vicious dogs!!
    I have contacted the webmaster as before to have it removed but it keeps happening! Any advice? What is wrong with people?

I'm at my wits end!
    Fuming Samantha

Expansive...
    So sorry you have to deal with this! I don't understand why providers think this is acceptable behavior! Could you just remove the review feature on your website? Then there would be nowhere for them to post their nastiness!! When potential clients make contact you can then show them your positive reviews/references.

Expansive...
    This lady sounds to me like she needs true taste of her own medicine. Are you absolutely sure she is the is the one doing it?

I would contact a lawyer and get things in motion to sue her for slander.

Get all the free legal advice you can and see if you can get a cease a desist order in effect that way if she doesn't stop you can sue her. She should also have to form a formal apology on your Site.

Fight back smart.

I have seen many sites where people can not add any comments. Mine is suppose to have that option (of people adding comments), but my hubby that is a computer guy made sure I will not have it activated. I did not want to add my daycare in facebook due to that reason. My husband suggested to do it to promote my daycare further... but if you have issues with a parent or as you mentioned a competitor wants to bring you down you are in trouble. Sorry that happen to you...

Outgoing
    Thats awful. Who has the time to do such things anyway? I would like to think that anyone reading those reviews would see right through them. Is it your website or your listing on daycare bear that has the reviews? if its your website you should have control over the content and if its daycare bear you can opt out of parents reviews being visible to the public. Im not sure what you can do unless you have proof of who it is. This provider clearly doesnt believe in herself or what she has to offer is she is afraid of competition.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Hi everyone
    I need your expert advice. Last year at this time, someone posted negative reviews of my daycare. I didn't realize for ages that someone had done this and I was floored when I realized and put two and two together and realized why I didn't get any emails or phone calls for children for a few months. This person I surmise is a competitor in my area as there are many day cares within a 3 kilometer radius of my home. The worse thing about this was everything they posted were blatant lies and maliciousness. Too nasty to go into all the details. Anyway, I am updating my site again and there it is again! Spewing untruths about my daycare. Saying they just visited me (haven't interviewed in months) that i smoke, not true yuck! That I only look after babies (same as last year looking to snatch up any children moving into our area) and that I have vicious dogs!!
    I have contacted the webmaster as before to have it removed but it keeps happening! Any advice? What is wrong with people?

I'm at my wits end!
    Fuming Samantha
    Another option could be to ask your clients to post their reviews for you.

You would think if a review is over-the-top nasty, that people would sense that something fishy is going on and that the review is not to be taken seriously. I would ask your current parents to post their review or as arts and crafts mentioned, deactivate this feature from your posting.

This person is obviously mentally unstable to do such a thing. Unfortunately, this type of cyber slander is being coming more common and is probably difficult to prosecute.

I am sorry this happened to you.

That is maddening. I feel for you. Legally, I'm not sure you can do much unless you have proof that it is this particular person.

She sounds unstable. I feel for the daycare families and children she is serving. Like the others suggested, could you not remove the comments section?

I hope Karma bites her hard. But, seeing as she's lost obviously missing some marbles and is obviously a spiteful, hurtful individual...it obviously has!

Euphoric !
    Haven't the administrators removed this for you yet? Isn't there a way to turn off the Reviews section? I'm so very sorry this happened to you.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Outgoing
    I would also write on your ad that someone keeps slandering you. That you can't remove the comment and thats the reason its there. Now if it was me, I would go after this lady and give her taste of her medicine.