Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

If you could pick any age...

for ALL the children in your care, what age would you pick? What is your favourite age to work with ad what would your ideal group look like if you could pick and choose? What is your least favourite age to work with?

For fun and curiosity!

Euphoric !
    I love so many ages for different reasons but I really love 2.5-3 year olds. They are independent, fun and still curious.

12 mos is a lot of fun too as long as they are walking. They learn and change so much at this age. It seems cruel that this is when parents have to go back to work as they are so much fun.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have dck ranging in age from 9mths to 4 yrs and I have to say my favourite age is 15mth to 2 yrs as they tend to listen well and are just easier to handle. I say this based on my dck of course. My older ones are just way too busy and demanding and I find they are the ones who always need to know what's happening next. The younger ones just go with the flow and are just so much fun as they're really learning something new everyday and its great seeing them accomplish new things and reach new milestones.

In terms of the least liked by me, I'd have to say the little ones (13 mths and under) as they may still not walk and not eating all foods so poses a bit of a challenge to the day when you are caring for a larger group of kids. That and teething as some infants suffer from major pain and discomfort. I have a 12 mth old who screams and cries all day when teething and I just want to poke my eyes out because there's nothing that settles or comforts him. This phase obviously passes and as they graduate to toddlerhood, it's an awesome age to look after

Outgoing
    I love 12-18 month olds...they are so curious and eager to learn...I love seeing them explore and reach new milestones all the time. I have a lot of little ones in my program right now and I love it!

Euphoric !
    I think my favourite age is from about 2.5 to 3.5 as they are old enough to do a lot of different activities, to learn a lot of things, etc. I like 12 month olds as well as they are little and sweet. The age I dislike the most is actually from about 17 months to 2 years as I find that is when they suddenly start getting into stuff, testing limits,running away from me outside, etc. And they are too young to understand the rules yet...takes a lot of training at this age and then by 2 or 2.5 they are much easier as they know the basic rules and limits.

Any that don't talk back! lol J/K....
    I loved having the group I last had before having my baby: I had one 3 year old, and three 2 year olds. It was a great group; they played with one another and the older ones helped the younger ones.

Now I will have my own DD 5 months and a dcb 9 months! hahahahah

Euphoric !
    My maximum age is 4 and I wouldn't want to have school agers in care, but I like all the ages from babies to 4. My preference is to have the children as close in age as possible so that they have the same interests. When I have a span from a 1 year old to a 3 year old like I do now there is such a difference in their abilities for creating and crafting and playing games that sometimes only the older children are involved. I like it when all the children can be involved.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    I like bringing them into care right after mat leave and they are generally pretty easy going I like watching them reach milestones ...like walking .... But then I'm not fond of the 16 to 20 months but I like the 2-3s as they are talking and singing simple songs and learning the alphabet and they are just more fun and they are doing things for them selves too like potty teak gig and dressing themselves for outdoor time ....

Starting to feel at home...
    Ages 2-4. So curious, excited to try and do new things, generally willing to listen. No morning naps = more outside playtime and 'field trips' but still need an afternoon nap so I can relax/get things done.

Euphoric !
    I like the 15 - 18 month olds with the idea of once walking the world totally opens up to them and I love watching that happen as if you can see their head expanding from the new knowledge. Each thing we take for granted is new and important to them and it makes you stop and appreciate what you pass every day without a thought.