Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    You have until the end of June to file as a business owner...however, the previous poster is correct...if you owe, they start charging you interest in April

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    You have until the end of June to file as a business owner...however, the previous poster is correct...if you owe, they start charging you interest in April
    My accountant told me today that both my husband and I have until June 15th to file our returns. But, once again if we owe the interest begins accruing as of the end of April.

Expansive...
    I have been putting it off too but this is the week.

I am expecting that I will have to be CPP and the other which is usually between 400-800 dollars. I don't think it will be too traumatic but I still don't like dragging all my papers to the accountant and sitting there waiting for the verdict. The suspense is nerve-wracking. lol

Quote Originally Posted by michellesmunchkins View Post
    Alpha if I remember correctly your in my area (Durham region). If you want the name of my tax lady let me know. She is awesome. Only charged us $140 to do both mine and my husbands and knows all the breakdowns and what we can/cannot claim. Super nice lady
    YES, please!!

Quote Originally Posted by mlle.coccinelle View Post
    In canada, if you are married, you have to file your taxes together because it is considered to be 1 income per household.

and I'm pretty sure that businesses are allowed to file their taxes 2 years late without penalties.

that being said... I did mine as soon as I could because I was scared and it's actually not that bad at all! I used the ''band aid'' method. Faster you do it, less it hurts...!
    HUH? DH and I have always filed our taxes separately, and we have been married for 11 years.

Euphoric !
    You file separately but there are a couple of deductions that are based on household income so you need to include both. Depending on how much you actually have left over as income after deductions there is a chance your husband can still claim you for a portion of support - especially if you only worked part of the year.

Mine are done just not in good or submitted. On the list of things to do but you do have till midnight April 30 to do it if you owe and we all do because of CPP.

Outgoing
    Alpha, Here is the link to her facebook group. If it doesn't work let me know and I can private message you her info. Her name is Sherri.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ABC-C...191150?fref=ts

I finally did it! I feel as weight was lifted from my shoulders =) ... I spend almost all day last Saturday to finish mine and my hubby's. I love Turbo Tax... Every year I am filing later and later. Next year I am doing it earlier... I'm just not that organized and sorting out my paperwork is a pain in the behind for me...

Euphoric !
    I so hear you on the sorting out the paper work. And now because I have spent the last couple months worrying about the stuff from last year I am behind on getting 2013 organized. So that will be one of my next projects and plan to tweak the book keeping again to better reflect how it is counted for tax purposes which in theory should make it easier to do taxes next year.