Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I think we all know the feeling of having to explain a bump to a parent and worrying they will think we didn't do all we could to prevent it. It was an accident so try not to beat yourself up!

I had a HUGE scare one day!! My basement stairs have a wall on one side and then half a wall on the other side. We had a banister but no railings. We were going downstairs and I was in front watching them come down. I stand half way down, where the wall ends on one side. All had passed me and were safely on the floor. My dcg who was about 18 months at the time was the last to come down. She was coming down the stairs on her tummy, feet first. This was how she always came down the stairs, did it this way at home too. She got too close to the edge and stopped to peer over. Just as I was about to say "no, we don't do that in case we fall"....she fell!!!! I was close enough to her that I was able to grab her foot but she was hanging upside down over my concrete basement floor!! My stomach still gets sick when I think about what could have happened! I told mom about it and she kinda laughed and said it wouldn't be her first fall......I don't think she fully realized what happened or what could have happened!

I kept meaning to fix our stair situation but just never got around to it. (terrible, I know!!) Then unfortunately, this past November a hdc in my city had an accident where a child fell down the stairs and died That weekend we installed spindles and a top of the stairs swinging gate!!

Outgoing
    wow, what a coincidence that we are talking about this today. just this morning, a friend of mine in South Carolina texted me to ask for prayers and positive thoughts because her and her 3 month old daughter fell down the stairs. Apparently she slipped on a stair on her heel or pant hem and her and baby tumbled. Her hubby was home thank god and took them straight to the ER where they were observed for a few hours and were both fine.

I have never fallen with a daycare child, but with my son. We were on vacation back home in Portugal and they have some cobblestone streets. Hubby, I and baby in the front carrier were going for a walk. I stepped in the hole of a missing stone and i fell forward and landed on all fours to stop myself from falling on top of my 9 month old. He cried and cried but we couldn't figure out why, there was no physical indication of injury. My aunt works at a medical clinic and asked for a doctor to check over him and my poor baby had a minor hairline fracture in his skull. It healed on it's own before his 1st b-day. I scraped both hands and knees but didnt care as long as baby was ok.

My 18 month old DCB fell down my last 2 steps to my basement daycare and hurt his arm only one month into my care. I was literally right behind him but i had another dcg in one arm and holding my 3 yr old hand. i couldn't stop him. It wasn't a long or hard fall but he landed on his arm. He cried for quite a bit, his arm looked ok but he wouldnt stop crying for almost an hour. and i was a wreck. I called DCdad and he came to get him. Said dcb was fine. Had some lunch and slept fine and didn't even mention it the next day.