Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

I'm alive! Need advice.....

It's been quite a while since I've been on I'm now 29 weeks pregnant & DD is going to the potty on her own! I still have my 'problem' dcb with his sister and a new little angel 14mos old.

I made quite a few mistakes when signing on my siblings....I should have known better! and it get me angry that I didn't stick to MY guns...but that's my fault.

The going rate in my area is $35/day for FT and $20-25 for B&A school. Not only are they paying $15 for the school ager, but are here until 6pm daily with no extra cost and I somehow forgot to include my late p/u fees in the contract I know.

So what's getting me worked up:
    - pick up is late at least 3 days a week, 6:30 or later
    - mom cries poor but got a new car and a gym membership
    - during March break mom continued the $15/day even though the child was here all day & meals, she expects to pay the same rate in the summer too
    - September coming dcb will be in school, mom will be looking to pay less.
    - mom sometimes thinks her kids need a day to be at home and 'chill out' so again she's paying the same rate when school-ager is home all day.
    - dcb still cries everyday at d/o
    - dcb still refuses to eat at my house or with me (ate when my mom helped out)

So yes I have some changes to make. (I KNOW) I worked up my new contract and have it ready to go. Summer rate is my FT rate, both in September will be $40 a day (B&A), more than 5min late is $15 then $1 a min, if school aged kids stay home to 'chill out'....that day is a FT rate. I've also made a note that after 6pm is $5 a child per day but that I'll "waive" that.
    As I've metioned before, being pregnant has been hard to find clients, so I advertised 2 spots available in July last week. I got a call yesterday re: the spots!!

SO.................. .

ADVICE?!
    Do I give sibling-mom a chance, hand over the new contract and wait to see if she accepts. Do I fill the 2 spots and let them go no matter what. ????????? I honestly don't care if they leave, so much less stress all day.....the 14mos is less work than the 3yr dcb.......but I want to make sure I'm taken care of KWIM?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Mamma_Mia; 04-09-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Well I would rather fill the spots with full time children because you are only making $20/day /spot when you could be making $35/day/spot. Plus you could get clients that pick up earlier and therefore your day ends earlier .... Plus school aged kids require more attention and with the age difference between your daughter and the new 14 month old it could be too much trying to get them all happy cause the older ones will be bored doing what the toddlers are doing and they will teach the younger ones to do things that are not appropriate. I would hang on to them till you have filled the spots and say adios

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Give her the new contract and tell her if she wants to continue with your daycare she must sign by xxx date. Sign it or she is giving notice. End her reign of control.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh and I would put a notice up on the door notifying everyone that you close at xxxx hour and after that time a late fee of xxxxx will be charged and I would let this client know that effective two weeks from now a full day fee will be charged for full days

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would be filling the spots and then once that is done tell the mom that you have made the decision that you are only taking full time children at full time rate and since she said that would be impossible for her to do that you are letting them go as of the last day of school in June. Even if she cries and promises to pay say sorry you didnt' do it for the school breaks we have already had and you don't offer anything when you are late and I can't take the risk that you will change your mind. Besides come September you don't want to deal with the school issue because of your baby and whatever else excuses you can make to let them go but do not tell them you have already filled the spaces just let that happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Great suggestions ladies! Thank you!
    And PlayFelt....that's a good point, not having to leave the house for school runs in the "winter" months and a 5mos old will be MUCH easier. I forgot about that part....

I appreciate your help...all of you
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!