Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

No show interview?

so i spoke with someone last week on the phone. i gave her info about my daycare and she decided that she would like to meet me in person and check out my daycare. this was at 3pm and the appointment was for the next morning. yup,, she stands me up. After as you all know, we clean and prepare the kids with an activity to keep them busy while your speaking with a potential client . I left her a nice phone message asking her if everything was ok and if she wanted to reschedule. I hear nothing back. She was also refered to me by a mutual aquantance. Then i realize that the dcb who just left my daycare, actually goes to her house for music lessons and now Im wondering if his mom told her not to come here. they left on good terms (or so they acted like) After some investigating on facebook it turns out that this is the same lady who would not return my calls last fall in regards to teaching my kids music lessons. weird. I guess i dont want to take her on as a client anyway, but now im wondering if the parents who left here are telling others not to come here. BTW it is nice and peacful now that the dcb is gone. Am i paranoid?

Expansive...
    I would be paranoid too! It must be something that has been said but what can you do? Don't let it get to you if this lady is going to pass judgment on someone she has never met she would not be a client that I would want.

Count yourself lucky that the door has closed and move on to greener pastures.

Where in Simcoe county are you from? I'm from Barrie.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Ahhh skysue I used to live in barrie well and Orillia and alliston and Tottenham ....it seems I moved a lot ......my two sisters live in that area too.....

umm smitty why do you do interviews during the day? as a parent I would not want my provider bringing strangers into the dayhome when my children are there. as a provider I only do my interviews in the evenings and weekends ...you have no idea who these people are even if they were a referral. and no you don't want these people anyway ....next

Shy
    thanks for your concern Crayola but i was referring to my kids on the day i was supposed to have the interview with the no show. I dont have kids every day of the week. Skysue I'm from just outside of Barrie. I agree, there seems to be a clique in one area of our town and I'm so glad I dont live in that neighborhood.

Euphoric !
    Ohhhhh your kids !?!?! Sorry I misunderstood !! Yes I know that feeling cause mine are sometimes very rambunctious at the wrong time. I try to do my interviews on weekends so hubby can keep them occupied and they can make an appearance to say hello. If I have to do it thru the week when hubby is not home yet then I read the riot act to the older two.