Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

High Energy days !

Holy moly what a day ! Seems like ALL the kids were on a special coffee and chocolate only diet today. It all started with my own two that were just bouncing OFF the walls this AM after breakfast fighting over toys, screaming ... the day just went on like this. One child seem to be unable to walk ...would only run or hop no matter HOW MANY reminders, he just could not walk. Another cried/screamed for 10 minutes for no apparent reason, one was in a steal the toys from friends mood ALL DAY. I could not leave them playing 2 minutes it would go either ultrasonic sound or world war two between the kids. I tried many circle times to break the energy, lots of books, craft stations, tried a cartoon, I even turned off the lights, put light music and did some relaxation little activities. It worked very temporarily and they would go back to CHAOS and it was CHAOS. We did get some exercise in too. We played with a huge parachute. Naptime was not that great but I least I did get a small break THANK GOD.

Do you ever get says like that and if so what do you guys do when the energy is just sooooo crazy ? Today nothing seemed to work. If they could have run all day in circles they would have done it. I literally worked up a sweat today haha.

Expansive...
    My day was like this too, it started with my extremely over tired 5 year old. Then I had meltdowns and time outs at every turn, it took me like an hour to get snack and craft organised. I laughed it off and decided we all need some serious outside time and cookies! LOL

So we went to the park filled up on graham crackers and came back and had a late lunch.

I sure hope tomorrow will be better for both of us!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Luckily it doesn't happen to often or maybe it should ... If I workup a sweat like that everyday maybe I'll loose more pounds !

Euphoric !
    Yeah, I take them outside when they are riled up. Heh heh, sometimes that is how I decide when our outdoor time will be (and how long it will be), when I see they are starting to get at each other

6. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    No advice, except that we also try to go outside when it gets like that!!
    But man, do I ever wish that I could bottle some of that energy up......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mom-in-alberta For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    LOL I know I would totally fuel up on those bottles once in a while.