Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Urgent help needed...Sufficient insurance for minivan carrying daycare kids

Okay I have an urgent question...

I have bought a new minivan. Its actually a 3 year lease and we collect it tomorrow. I used to have a minivan which we sold just before Xmas as it needed a lot of maintenance and wasnt worth investing in. I had additional liability insurance incase the worst was to happen and I had 5 daycare kids in my vehicle, had an accident and all the parents sued me. I had 5 million liability.

Here is my thing. I am not sure now if this was adequate. I just got a call from my current insurer who is different than my previous insurer used to insure my minivan and they have told me that I am not allowed to use my vehicle in anyway relating to business. While I am not technically recieving money to transport the children, I am however on the clock being paid to care for the kids and taking them in the vehicle for any purpose is related to my business as it is during business hours. They said that this can not be covered under personal insurance. So now I have a vehicle to pick up tomorrow that I purchased solely for work but am unable to use for work. What a disaster. If I had the extra liability insurance and I had an accident, the minute an insurance company found out that the passengers were daycare kids, they would not pay out a penny.

I wonder how many providers have not researched this issue 100%, have been led to believe otherwise by an insurance company and/or if anyone has commercial insurance and could give me an idea on cost for that.....???

Outgoing
    I don't know either. I don't use my vehicle for everyday use, but sometimes I take the kids. But then I also pick up my odd from highschool and drive her friends home. So I don't how that works. Sometimes I drive my sister in the van or my mom so I have no idea what the insurance covers.