Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Argh, no winter jacket or snowpants!

So my dcb shows up in a rain jacket today. No worries, it wasn't that cold this morning and I figured it was in his bag of stuff they always bring with him. Well it isn't there, and no snow pants and it is cold! We have to do the school run for his brother this afternoon and I am not sure what to do. If I had noticed at drop of I would have refused entry but it's too late for that. Just let his kid be cold? I texted the dad asking if he had them. I have not received a response.

This is really a one off time I think (although the dad seems to be slipping in a few areas, read other post) and the weather keeps changing I get it. Just do a quick school run and no outdoor time this afternoon? Try and get him to wear my daughter's other pink jacket (this won't fly I know)

Outgoing
    Does he have an extra shirt of sweater you could put under the coat? I would just do quick school run, no outside time but make sure you are firm in your reminder to parents that if it happens again, he wont be allowed to come without everything that is required

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    That is one of my biggest frustrations...when parents don't dress their kids for the waether! Part of it is because parents spend their days inside most of the time and are not in touch with how cold it can be to actually spend an hour or two outside playing. They don't bother to check forecasts either. I have had to put pink hats etc on boys many a time as I refuse to take them out in the cold hatless. Could you let him ride in the stroller and wrap a blanket around him?

Euphoric !
    It worked out. The dad came to pick up his boy early with his jacket so he didn't have to do the school pick up. Since the b&a boy is his child as well he picked him up so I didn't have to! Bonus!

Outgoing
    Hope you made it clear going forward appropriate clothing needs to be provided every day

Euphoric !
    he knew, that's why he came to get him. I think it was an honest mistake.

Euphoric !
    Definitely put a letter into the backpacks, make demands and expect results!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.