Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    what was the name of that day care?????? I think I know her.....

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmi View Post
    too bad......babysitters should have some flexibility........
    Babysitter do...they come into your home whenever you need them and are usually between the ages of 12 - 17ish. Nannies also have flexibility...they work when you need them. Daycare providers are running a business just like anyone else and they set their hours based on what works for their business and their own families.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fruitloop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mom View Post
    what was the name of that day care?????? I think I know her.....
    I do not know why you are laughing? It is very rude!

Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    Nannies also have flexibility...they work when you need them.
    I was a nanny for 3 years (different families). I never gave any flexibility. We signed a contract that I worked between the hours of 8-4 or 9-5. Never did after care. But I wasn't a live-in!

Expansive...
    Ladies- please lets be kind and respectful

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtah View Post
    I do not know why you are laughing? It is very rude!
    I'm laughing because 'm not the only one......and I'm also suffering like you.....I didnt mean to hurt anybody's feelings.....believe me

Quote Originally Posted by mom View Post
    I'm laughing because 'm not the only one......and I'm also suffering like you.....I didnt mean to hurt anybody's feelings.....believe me
    Ok no worries

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I'm going to try an keep this as non-judgemental as possible. I understand that it is very hard fro working parents to place their children in the care of someone, and when that experience doesn't meet with expectations it can leave a bad taste in your mouth.
    That said, why would you agree to a contract if you we're not willing to follow it? Providers have contracts for a reason. Contracts set out the expectations of both parent and provider. It fair to expect her to change the contract t suit you. You wouldn't be happy if she changed the contract to suit her.
    Also, everyone works for money. If you work for a reason other than money,it's called volunteering. Do you often work an extra day free of charge as a favor to the company? My guess is no. Now if money were the only consideration no one would choose childcare as a career. I made alomost twice as much working in sales, but I like this job better. There are enough perks that the pay cut is worth it. I genuinely enjoy children and from what people have said I'm an excellent provider but that doesn't mean I don't work for the money.
    As for naming names, how woudl you feel if this same provider was posting about this and put your name. There are two sides to every story and I doubt she sees this situation the same way you do.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I love children and love being able to raise my son at home, but to be honest with you, I am running this daycare for the income. And when someone takes their child out of care for a few days, it really hurts my budget. I allow 5 sick days per child per year and after that the parents must pay to keep their spot.

I too left my high paying job to operate my daycare so this low income has hurt our finances but it's worth it in the end to see the smiles on the kids faces everyday.

Sometimes parents take it too personally and don't realize that we are running a business from home and need the income. I don't like chasing people or money, parents should read and abide by the rules when they decide to start with a daycare. Just like we have to return the favour by doing all the things we promised with thier children when they are in our care.
    ~~Proud Mama and Owner/Operator of Cutie Pie Daycare~~

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by rashmi View Post
    too bad......babysitters should have some flexibility........
    Babysitters??? Then I guess we should put your child in front of the tv all day and have our friends come over to party, because that's what 12 year old babysitters do. They are not there to teach your children manners, to be social, and to educate them to get them ready to start school on the right foot. We are DAYCARE PROVIDERS and should be respected for the job we do everyday in providing children with a safe, fun and educational environment.

I too am a parent and would want the BEST care or my child if I decided to have them in a home daycare. And I would pay good money and abide by the rules because this provider would be basically raising my child and deserve to be well paid for wiping their boogies, cleaning their dirty diapers, patiently waiting while they do things by themselves and providing a perfect home away from home since I would be working.
    ~~Proud Mama and Owner/Operator of Cutie Pie Daycare~~

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarah A For This Useful Post:

Shy
    As a provider I can honestly say that I try my very best to make things work. However, there have been times when I have, unfortunately, had to let a family go. Please do not view this as a lack of interest. There are other children to consider in this scenario and their well-being is equally important.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkerbell For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast