Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your clothes

Expansive...

Your clothes

What do you wear day to day? I find jeans uncomfortable, and skirts get pulled all over the place... what are good choices?

Right now it's tanks and shorts-long ones, no shorty shorts here But in the cooler/winter months it's yoga pants and jeans-comfort waist from reitmans-much like maternity pants, so they are comfy. Tops are l/s and s/s tees with and w/o designs, sometimes something a little nicer if im in the mood, but nothing too fancy as I am hanging out with 15mo-7yo's.
    Cheeky Monkey Daycare

Euphoric !
    Shorts (mostly crop pants) and tshirts in the summer and stretchy pants and tshirts in the winter. Stuff has to move and bed and stretch.

Expansive...
    In the winter/cooler days I always wear a pair of jeans and either a tshirt or a sweater. I will wear some brand name stuff - just try to stay away from anything white on daycare days

In the summer I am alternating between shorts and crop pants and a tee.

I see some daycare providers out and about in sundresses and little halter tops but I just don't think I could go there. They do look like they are keeping cool and comfy though

Euphoric !
    At 7 1/2 months pregnant... I am wearing whatever fits!! lol
    Mostly tank tops, shorts and capri pants.
    Normally, I am a jeans girl. Casual tops and sweaters. I don't really wear dressy clothes anymore, since by the end of they day, I seem to be smeared and filthy, even though I have no idea how it happens! I also love stretchy yoga pants. I try not to wear really scuzzy looking outfits. I may not leave home to work, but it makes me feel better to at least look like I'm trying, know what I mean?

Expansive...
    Hi,

I wear linen shorts soooo comfy, capris and jeans on colder days. In the winter I live in Jeans and cargo style pants. Lots of t-shirts and hoddies, I'm a hoddie freak! LOL

I feel I want to look profesional yet comfy. Lately though I have yet to put on make up this is soooooooo bad as I feel like I'm letting myself go. I used to be in a job wear make up was mandatory! But in the summer make up just makes me break out so i only put it on in the evening for hubby. I should really put on mascara at least.
    From now on I will do it for me!

Have any of you other ladies worn less now that your doing daycare?

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysue View Post
    Hi,

I wear linen shorts soooo comfy, capris and jeans on colder days. In the winter I live in Jeans and cargo style pants. Lots of t-shirts and hoddies, I'm a hoddie freak! LOL

I feel I want to look profesional yet comfy. Lately though I have yet to put on make up this is soooooooo bad as I feel like I'm letting myself go. I used to be in a job wear make up was mandatory! But in the summer make up just makes me break out so i only put it on in the evening for hubby. I should really put on mascara at least.
    From now on I will do it for me!

Have any of you other ladies worn less now that your doing daycare?
    Sorry that sounded just wrong I mean less make up! LOL

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I too don't wear fancy clothes. By the end of the day between being on the floor, doing crafts, or general messiness of being with infants and toddler, I am quite stained. I have issues with some of my colleagues who dress up in heals, fancy shirts, and skirts when doing daycare because they often don't play with the children and won't let the children have messy play (or even play in the sand) because it will get them or their house dirty.

I wear just plain tshirts and blue jeans in the winter and tshirts and capris in the summer. I used to wear yoga style pants in the winter and may move towards that again in the future.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I don't generally wear make up. Most likely due to running daycare for a lot of years. I used to wear make up daily before daycare. Now when I am going out I have to borrow make up from my daughters, lol.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Starting to feel at home...
    I live in my yoga pants, I love them!!! Yoga pants, tshirt and usually a sweater in the winter. Shorts (the kinda track pant material) or cargo capris and a tank in the summer. I have perma flip flop tan in the summer, and crazy sunglass eyes!!! Before daycare-or being a SAHM, I was a dental assistant, so I wore scrubs (equally comfy) and little make up. I had gone shopping w/ my mom for maternity cloths just over the weekend and they were putting me in all these jean shorts that were stretchy but fitted and I was NOT comfortable, wanting a bigger size, but they assured me I should be wearing this size. I laughed with my mom that I'm always 'better dressed' when pregnant!!

Did I mention that I love yoga pants?