Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

What would you charge?

I have had someone request mornings 3 days a week for their child just for the summer as a prep for preschool. I am open to this for a few reasons just not sure what to charge. Of course if I make lunch included this will effect price. My daily rate is $60.

What would you charge?

In my area full time fees are going from $40 to $50. I have seen part time care in the mornings from $25 to $30. It sounds about 40% off the regular fee. I guess it could be around $36 to $40 for you. Have you checked how much the daycares around your area are charging?

Outgoing
    If a child comes under 4 hours, I charge per hour otherwise I charge full daily rate

Euphoric !
    Also remember that the child is using the most expensive half of the day ie where craft supplies, etc are consumed and your attention is on the activities as compared to naptime in the afternoon. If your daily rate is $60 then $40 is a reasonable amount. If parent balks and you want to fill the space then nothing less than $35 explaining that child is using supplies is reasonable.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    I have had someone request mornings 3 days a week for their child just for the summer as a prep for preschool. I am open to this for a few reasons just not sure what to charge. Of course if I make lunch included this will effect price. My daily rate is $60.

What would you charge?
    I have no suggestion, just a question. Wow, $60 for a full day????? Is that the going rate in Toronto?

apples and bananas
    If they're coming for a morning and including lunch and a snack I would charge $40. First off, it's only 3 days per week, technically it takes up a spot worth (60 X 5) $300 and they're only paying $120.00. Second, the morning is the toughest part, they sleep for most of the afternoon.

I know daycaremum! I wish I could get away with that fee living only about 20 min away from downtown Toronto!! The most I can charge is $50 and in Toronto I have seen home daycares that charge up to $65!!

Euphoric !
    55-65 is the average depending on the area. Some are $75 in richer neighbourhoods

I guess it has to do with real state... For what we paid for our house we could only afford a fixer upper about to fall on the ground in Toronto

Euphoric !
    Yup, that's it. My house is a semi detached, 1400 square ft home and it was $450 000 5 yrs a go! Now it would cost about $550 000-575 000 for this same house. I dream about living outside of Toronto and having an ensuite, walk in closet and a big yard. But I like city life and being able to walk everywhere. The houses are a good investment though as the prices aren't as negatively effected when the market starts to turn. Until the bubble pops that is.