Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar

Balancing childcare provider and parenting

I started this daycare when my son was tinny but now he is two and I had a baby start a few weeks ago. I find he is acting up now. He is throwing fits and screaming. Time outs don’t work. I am tired of raising my voice. I was wondering of anyone else had their kids effected by the daycare. If so how did you deal with it?

Outgoing
    My dd is 3, she also tends to act out. Time outs don't really work with her, either. I separate her from the group when her behavior becomes unacceptable. She hates not being part of the group, so it is effective for her.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    oh yes! 200% normal. There are MANY MANY threads about this! A lot of great advice from many others!

Try to look for some older threads....even last week we had one going on this very topic! You'll possibly learn a thing or two or at least realize that you're not alone!!

Euphoric !
    Read up on sibling rivalry/jealousy. Just as if you had had a baby and brought them home your older child is now having to share you, their house, their toys etc. with the baby, deal with the baby's noise when they cry etc. Rather than time outs bring your child into helping you care for the baby so yes the baby needs to be the centre of attention at first but together you and your child care for the baby such as holding the diaper for you while you change instead of getting into trouble while you are busy.

Family daycare is just that - a group of children and a daycare provider that for working hours pretend to be a mom and a group of siblings with all that that entails. Some days go better than others for sure.

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    Thanks everone