Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meal deductions

Meal deductions

Hi. What do you think about this idea. Total yearly daycare income divided by daily rate/child. Multiply the result by your daily food amount/ child. That seems like an easy way to calculate the deduction? (example: gross income=$3500/$35(/day)= 10000. Multiply that by $8 food allowance/ day = $8000 to deduct for meals. Seems easy to me. Keep all food receipts for the year for proof. What do you think?

Euphoric !
    That only works if you can prove how you arrived at the $8 day for food.

Outgoing
    I did just that. But $7 per day per child. I kept an attendance record, so not every child had the same amount, as they were sometimes on vacay, sick etc.
    I figure I cld easily come up with grocery receipts for that amount and then some to accound for my own family. I don't use a structered menu plan, but spend $350 a week on groceries and only serve expensive, whole ingredient foods.