Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    I hear you! When the weather warms up more we plan on buying some cheap little white fencing from Dollarma and keep the kids on the patio stones while we treat the grass. In the meantime we asked parents to send rubber boots and outside clothes that they don't mind getting muddy. So far no major wipe-outs and only the boots need a little rinse.

Euphoric !
    As soon as the rain stopped this morning we geared up and went outside to jump in all the puddles and walked all around our huge downtown park. It was wonderful to go out. Tomorrow the sun is supposed to shine. Playground, here we come! At least it's covered in mulch and the rain soaks through.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Same here first spring for me thankfully my hubby is a landscaper and will be doing our backyard asap with swing set, patio, pool, trampoline, new sod and more awwwww......cant wait. right now its a MUDDY mess so we are at the park which is a 2 minute walk out my front door

Lucky lady, having a landscaper for a hubby. My only words of caution would have to be about the pool and trampoline, you might end up having a hard time getting insurance for the daycare. Insurers asked me about those two things right off the bat any time I called for a quote.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SecondAve For This Useful Post:

hmmm second ave I have insurance and they didn't ask and I recently added my new kids and not a word??? The pool is a temp. one not a pool pool and we had the trampoline last year and the kids loved it, its enclosed and not very big and the rule is 2 at a time

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mommylove For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    On a semi-related note, does anyone have any tricks to keep on rubber boots that are a tad too big?

It seems like all the parents this year thought they go the "the bigger the better" route and their boots fall off constantly! Bare feet + muddy backyard = grumpy me (the kids think it's funny though ).

Euphoric !
    Buy a pack of boys tube socks - ie a size at least bigger than the kids are. That goes over their socks and will pull up the leg so you can also tuck in pants if needed. It will fill in the gap in the boots as needed and for this time of year give an extra layer of warmth. Buy white socks and then they can be bleached as necessary

Adult tube socks work well over hands to keep mittens on too when out for a walk or for a child crawling on the ground. Pul sock over hand and up arm as high as it will go. The reason for the adult size is that it allows the hand to still move inside the sock as well as fit over the snowsuit arm as I always used them on the outside after child was dressed. Saves realizing some kid dropped their mitt over side of wagon and you didn't notice.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    our backyard faces the south, so we get sun all day long....last week was a little muddy but this week has been nice...ive requested splash pants and boots and weve been outside all week so far, the kids have been filthy but having a blast!

My husband is currently digging a trench around our entire house, and laying pvc pipe and drainage rock out to the street.

We spent the morning at the playground, but stayed in ALL day yesterday. Ugh.