Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

I'm thankful for parents who...

I thought I would start a feel good thread as lately I have had a few negative experiences and feel all I have been doing is venting..LOL. In general, I have great families and kids

I am thankful for parents who...make their children say goodbye and thank you to me every day when they are leaving to go home I have one set of parents who have been so consistent with this that their 18 month old now says "thank you" when he leaves without them asking And another 3 year old who always gives me a hug and a kiss These are the small things that make me feel good about my job and also tell me that these parents are raising respectful children

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Trace of Angels
    Bring me coffee and my DCK some timbits every week just to say thank you for the work that I do!!!!! and I LOVE coffee LOL

I have good families this time, but what I have loved the most for the past few days are my toddlers hugging me after diaper change (I change them standing up). A girl who likes cuddling started to do it and then the rest imitated her. Still love it... they seem to really mean it!

I have a family who asks me if I need anything at the grocery store if they're going. I LOVE this. It's the little things, really.

I have another family who randomly picks up early, keeps him home if they're home, tells me I'm appreciated every day, and I just LOVE them.

My 5 yo DCB (who just gave notice ) tells me he loves me.

I really like ALL of my families, now that the bad seeds are gone.

Outgoing
    All my families are understanding and respectful. I appreciate them very much and I am sure they appreciate me too. I have had to close a few times lately for medical reasons and no one complained. The participate well in our activities and I believe they are honest and opened with me.

The children I care for come from families with similar values as mine and are easy to care for... well for the most part ;0)

Now I am interviewing for a spot in Sept. and I sure hope I can find another great family.

Euphoric !
    I just lost a family but it made me look at the 4 families that have been with me as well as all the other wonderful families who have been with me over the years and I count my blessings. I've been lucky that MOST of them were fantastic and only a very small percentage didn't work out. There really are so many great people in the world. I wish the bad ones didn't bring us down so badly and make us lose sight of that sometimes.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Today a family gave me a thank you card and some chocolates, all because I loaned an item that my child was no longer using. Very thoughtful.

Outgoing
    I have a dcm who makes a point every week when she is paying me to thank me for everything I do and that she cant imagine life without me! it always puts a smile to my face and makes my Friday evening start off great

Outgoing
    I'm thankful for having families who genuinely appreciate what I do for them and their children. They are respectful and always ask how their child is doing, and always thank me everyday when picking their children up.

Outgoing
    I can say that I have absolutely WONDERFUL families all of them (and this is a first in many years). They are all so understanding and supportive (my daughter just went through some medical stuff). They offer to pick stuff up for me at Costco (until I got my own card). They don't complain when the little ones go home dirty after playing outside, they text me to see how I am doing and how my kids are doing. Its the little things, they add up and make the job sooooo much more enjoyable. And can I say how awesome this group of little ones are!!! We are all so happy now. ( I had to get rid of 2 families that drove me to almost quit doing daycare!)