Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Ready to give up some days...

Does anyone ever have a day/week where you just cant do it anymore? I opened up a daycare so I could be with my kids more and of course I LOVE kids!! But there are some days or even weeks where I cant listen to anymore whining, crying, and cant change another poopy diaper!! By the end of the day I am so drained... I almost miss going out and working in an office where its much quieter lol
    Anyone else ever feel this way???

Euphoric !
    I would hazard a guess that we ALL feel like that sometimes! I know I do! I love being home and love what I do, but I do have days or weeks when I just feel drained and dissatisfied and dream of going somewhere quiet and alone all day...or at least a place where there are no kids...LOL. It usually happens to me when I am tired, not feeling well, (or have a new dck who is crying up a storm and sucking the energy out of me). Hang in there and hopefully you will get your zest for daycare life back

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    This morning I had a daycare parent text me that they were running a little behind...when she got here she said she wanted to take her daughter out for breakfast, just the two of them like a little date....I thought that was sooo sweet, and then got to thinking that I can never just call in late to work or take a morning off to do something like that with my kids....but then I remembered that I get to spend ALL day with her child and my own and have lots of special moments, even quiet time alone with each one doing something special if I like! We for sure always have those moments where you think " why am I doing this" but then I think of the positives and it totally outweighs!

Outgoing
    For me this it the BEST and WORST job I ever had haha. I love it ...Like today we went for an hour long walk, then planted flowers and veggies, then we fed the chickens...we spent 2 hours outside this AM we had a great lunch and a quiet nap time from 12h30 to 2h45pm then we had a pic nic for pm snack. We are now back inside where everyone is playing nicely together and I am having a tea. My kids are with me all day. I think they most have told be 10 times ''I LOVE YOU'' I got lots of hugs and we just had a great and fun day.

Then there are days where I pick up poop and pee everywhere, tantrums and defiance, spills, fighting over toys, stuck indoors, screaming and, illness and that is just in ONE day. How can you not second guess the decision you have made to quit a well paying job with benefits with breaks and payed lunch hour ???

There is a little bit of NUTTS in us I think but count your bad versus the good and your will see there is lots of good reasons why we do what we do. For me, what I love about this is that I MATTER... EVERYDAY I MATTER, WHAT I DO MATTERS TO MY KIDS AND THE OTHER FAMILIES. Even if you can't see it everyday we are essential.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    We all have days where we are low, even close to burnout sometimes. When that happens we need to step back, give ourselves a break or a treat or a vacation. The weather has done me in as well as some people who have let me down badly over this past winter. However, we got outside all 3 days this week so far to enjoy the great outdoors and that has done me a world of good. I get to go to the park for a living! It's still hard work but I'm not stuck at a desk in a cubicle listening to co-workers who are miserable and complaining. I get hugs and I get to laugh at funny kids along with the days when I'm sure they are conspiring to make me absolutely bonkers. It balances out in this profession at least for me.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I am thankful for this thread actually as this week I have been feeling pretty low as well I think it's because of the long winter, the problem child who I finally terminated after 6 months...and then had a great week and now new dcg is adjusting and that is sooooo draining. I am fighting a cold and feel my patience is very low although I try not to let it show with the kids. I have felt like giving up this week...and I am usually a determined person. I know new kids take time to adjust, but this one tricked me into thinking she would be very easy with a great first week...I find myself second guessing my decisions, abilities, etc. I am overly sensitive and a bit irritable and tired. Thank you to those of you who posted about all the positives because I know those are the things that help me get through bad days or weeks as well. Here's to a better week next week

I can relate to each and every one of you. I'm in a funk over here. I lost 2 daycare kids (siblings) without notice cause dcm was very irresponsible with her finances. Now I know down the road I will be adjusting 2 new dck's (hopefully, soon but...the thought of that and trying to fill the spots is stressful.

And like a lot of you, it's been a cold wet soggy spring. Being cooped up most days. ugh. Today I'm going to wake the kiddos up a little early to get some much needed sunshine, running and playing at the park before pick up These are one of the many perks of our vocation. One of my all time favourite perks....snuggling with my girls at naptime with a story (just us, family time) and watching them fall asleep.