Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Where do they stash their . . . . . . ?

SOCKS!?!??

My whole ccrew of kids and their darn socks are going to drive me mad! I swear they wait until I have to pee or turn my back for a second, then its a mad rush to take off and hid their sock in ridiculous places!

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm ready to just start buying packs and then swapping them out with parents so that I dont have to send anyone else home with no socks EVER AGAIN!!!

Euphoric !
    Take them off for the day and put them back on before they leave. That's the solution that has spared me any more of the frantic hunt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Maybe have the parents send slippers for the kids. I find that since the kids have slippers on (robeez for the younger ones) that they are less inclined to take their slippers or socks off. In the summer, I just let them go barefeet.

Outgoing
    I thought it was just me, but i guess you ladies have the 'socks' problem too. My 2.5 yr old daughter and my 21 month old dcg always take off their socks! I have found them in the couch cushions, under the couch and mixed in their bed blankets. I just get to the point that if they are constantly taking off their socks, then i leave them off, until it's outside time or home time.

Starting to feel at home...
    I was letting the kids take off their sock and put them in their bags, but then they fighting to put them on when it was time to go outside in the winter. So now its socks on! Yes, constant reminders to keep them on or to put them back on, but it beats the power struggle before the get their boots on. Can't wait for the summer weather!

Euphoric !
    I have one that does this and my approach was different (I only have one though!) Every time he takes them off he has to stop playing and help me find them, put them on. He is getting so sick of it he's just loosing interest

apples and bananas
    Hahaha, this is my biggest pet peeve! I can take a lot, but lost socks... UGH!!!!

I take them off and put them away. If they're not going to wear their clothes properly they loose them.

When my daughter was in case she would take her socks off and hide them all the time. Several time she came home without a sock or both socks.

Outgoing
    Mine hate socks, too. My rule is if they take their socks off, they get stashed in their shoes.

Outgoing
    I'm with the kids, I hate socks I let them take them off when they arrive and I put them into their boots/shoes and put them back on when we go outside. I too got tired of having to play the sock game every night lol

Euphoric !
    I think it depends on how cold your floors are. My daycare is in the basement and the floors get pretty cold, so I insist that they wear socks and slippers (the slippers usually deter them from taking them off, but sometimes they take socks and slippers off and i just make them put them back on). I feel they are too young to be able to say "I am cold, so I will put my socks back on"...so just as with mittens, etc, my job is to make sure they wear them (except in summer when I let them go sockless). Maybe if I had a mainfloor, carpeted play area, I would probably just let them go sockless. If you feel their feet and they are cold, I would say you have to make them keep socks on, no matter how annoying it is.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post: