Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Well its over........

After a long fight I decided to be defeated after arguing about pay for remainder of term and pleading with mom for resolve I finally decided to just let them know how devistated I am and How much I love their daughter and will miss to no end and said come get her stuff don't pay me I am done I am sooooooo UPSET I feel broken I know I should just dust off and I know I have to but I feel like I have lost a daughter.......ADVIC E please on how to get past this???? How to forget about a child that means so much to you, that you helped raise, how do you just move on???

SAD, DEVISTATED and DEFEATED

Euphoric !
    Awwww...hugs to you! This is one of the hard parts about our job I know how you feel...I had one little guy who I became very attached to and cried when he left (it was due to us moving, but mom waited until after his last day to tell me he wouldn't be coming at the new location...I was heartbroken). I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach for a day or two and then slowly I got over it. I also resolved never to become that attached to a child again because in this business they can be yanked away with no notice and parents tend not to even think about or care about our feelings for the child or vice versa. You will be okay. Do something kind for yourself this weekend...take some time to "grieve" this loss and then move on and find yourself a wonderful family to replace this one You can do it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I am so sorry for you. I know how you feel. I had to let go one of my DCK after having problems with the family. OMG it was so hard I loved that little guy. Even if this is a business we do get involved emotionally. I just accepted that I would be feeling sad and it eventually passed. I am sure it will happen again when I'll have to say bye bye to another child.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crafty For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I'm sorry you feel so terrible mommylove. With every lesson we learn, we don't repeat that mistake again. You have learned a valuable lesson about keeping your heart in check. The simple fact is that we have these children with us for a few years and then we give them BACK to the parents! We run our businesses as caring nurturers and it's hard not to get attached sometimes, that's only human. But always remember that you are running a business.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post: