Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Was just going through a bin of spring stuff and came across another craft we did for moms one year. I have made some games the same way and bought some boxes of stickers come to think of it to make more that I haven't done - if anyone in Ottawa wants to come to a podgy party and trade stickers let me know.

Need: podgy(modge podge), metal juice lids, stickers of your choice (doesn't matter what is on the back of stickers or how old as you won't be activating the adhesive), peel and stick magnets

Pour a small amount of podgy into a dish or even onto a metal lid. Have child dip finger in the podgy (looks like white glue) and spread around the metal lid. Lay sticker of their choice in the middle. Carefull repeat spreading a layer of podgy on top of the sticker and especially around the edges but spread it evenly. Set aside to dry. You may want to spread another layer of podgy on once first layers are dry - especially if you are using the lids for a game. The more layers of podgy the stronger the seal. Add a magnet to the back. Colour a picture for mom on paper and send home - magnet will hold picture on the fridge.

This could also work for dads depending on the stickers used which is a good idea since dads tend to be harder to think of something for.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Thank you Skysue. I usually do hands or food prints in different materials for Mother's day, but this time I think I am making this one

Sounds like we are doing 2 crafts for Mother's day. Thank you for sharing Playfelt... I like your magnet idea. I saw modge podge in Walmart that is suppose to have effects... It may look nice in your magnet...

Shy
    ladyjbug, May the fourth be with you!! Awesomely hilarious and creative. I will be doing this, thank you.

I went to the dollar store during the weekend and found dome plain jewelry boxes (I was looking for plain picture frames to do skysue craft, but didn't find any). Anyhow, now my plan is for the kids to paint and decorate them and clue a picture of themselves inside the box... Thank you ladies for the good ideas...

Expansive...
    I am thinking of doing this....
    http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.a...6981&gallery=y

Would be cute to write on it "I love you to the moon and back"

or else
    this http://supermomsteph.blogspot.ca/201...e-picture.html

I cannot decide.....

Starting to feel at home...
    Some of the themes we will be exploring in May are:
    Birds
    Bugs
    Planting Seeds
    Farms
    I hadn't given any thought to Mother's Day yet but knew I would have to soon.....thanks for all the great ideas!