Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Me again

Starting to feel at home...

Me again

Hi guys

So now this is the problem, I terminated the contract with 2 week notice.......then she asked that we talk about it she came over we hashed it out at the end of it all I said to her I would love to work through our issues (as friends) and have dcg come back ( i know this is nuts but i love this kid soooo much) she said she would call me tomorrow and let me know........Obviousl y as all you can see she decided not to bring dcg back soooo sad.....In my contract it states if parent removes there child they are to give min 1 weeks notice with pay.....she says I terminated and shes not paying ( I am beginning to realize all is for the best as she seems to care less about the whole thing) for a business stand point I want my money and because she used to be a friend I am so hurt that she wouldn't just give it to me after all that she has already put me threw.....WHAT SHOULD I DO?????

Shy
    It depends on what's in your contract, I think. Do you have a provision that they have to pay for those last two weeks of care after you give them a two weeks notice, whether the child attends or not? If so, you can wave the contract at her and tell her she is legally obligated to stick to the terms.
    The thing is, this lady sounds like she could get quite nasty if she wants to, and I have a feeling that getting money from her is going to be a battle all the way. I think you are better off without her, I just hope she will give you what you are due.

ETA I would definitely give it my all. The friendship is a bust anyway, she sounds like she'd gladly walk all over you to get what she wants, so I would definitely pursue that money.
    "The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice." - Peggy O'Mara

Hello mommylove, I know how you feel. When I started my home daycare I got very attached to a boy that started with me at 3 months old. He left when he was 9 months old. I was so sad and cried a lot. I still see him once in a while (like birthday parties) but he does not remember anymore=( ... He was so young when he left...

I love my kids, but I have learned to accept since the beginning that they could go anytime. After that I take much better when someone has to go. I am sad, but I now prepared myself since the beginning.

If I was you I will cut my loses and move on... If this is personal it will only get uglier starting to fight about money... The parent maybe in the position that you terminated her and because of that she does not own you. Hard to know why she told you that she may bring the child again, but at the end she did not. Perhaps that is the reason she considers you terminate (because she never brought the daughter back after termination)...

Hope you feel better soon...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    This is the exact scenerio for why many caregivers ask for a deposit equal to two weeks to be paid before child starts care. Then if the mom decided to leave you would already have your money. Friends/neighbours/relatives tend to be the worst for thinking they don't have to honour the contract or follow the rules unfortunatelly.

As annoying as the loss of income is, your reputation is worth more than the money and I have a feeling this woman and the "friend" who is goading her on to change caregivers could do a lot of damage if they set their minds to it so best to cut ties and move on and not give them any ammunition to work with.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I am sorry you are upset, I really am, but why would you beg this woman to keep her child with you? Clients are not friends. We can be friendly but that is not the same. She does not consider you a friend. You take care of her child while she goes to work. She does what is in the best interest of her family and would never consider your emotions. Though an over simplified comparison....why would a dry cleaner cry if a long term client decided to get their clothes cleaned at a location that better met their needs??