Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shy

Am I the only one?????

There have been a lot of posts lately about loving dcks, crying over them, begging parents to stay, allowing late payments, letting people verbally abuse. Am I the only one that would never tolerate any of this?

I do not LOVE my day care children. I am not cold, I am very fond of them but I would never cry over a client leaving. I am running a business.

I'm sure I'll get some flak for this but I honestly don't get it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katskids For This Useful Post:

Ohhh...you won't get flak from me....Nope. No way. This is a business. I care and nurture. I fix and kiss boo-boo's. I feed hungry bellies with good nutritious food. I teach some of them their first learning block foundations in life (ABC's, shapes, colours, etc.), how to treat others, help prepare them for JK, Give them a hug when they reach a milestone. BUT when they leave out my door...that's it. There is not shed tears, no reminiscing...Nope.. .to busy either trying to fill the spot or transitioning a new child. And we know how much fun that can be sometimes .

And I have and WILL terminate for any disrespect from a client. Why should anyone tolerate that.

I think it depends of people's personalities. We all are different. I do love my kids. For me is hard not to. This is the way I am towards children. I have had the odd kid that I wish I could terminate, too (the one that terrorizes others). This is the job that I have liked the most. I still see it as a business. My parents pay on time, they pick up and drop off during daycare hours only, they treat me with respect, they follow my rules, etc. As another daycare provider said my hearth is for the kids and the business part is for the parents

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I 100% get what you are saying. I am not there yet, but am learning to have tougher skin, not to be so attached and treat every aspect as a business. Funny thing is I had to deal with difficult people all the time in my previous career, never bothered me. My mistake with this profession is that I was/can be too concerned about the parent and how I would feel if I had to leave my child with someone else.

These emotions are gradually passing. Thankfully.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Other Mummy View Post
    Ohhh...you won't get flak from me....Nope. No way. This is a business. I care and nurture. I fix and kiss boo-boo's. I feed hungry bellies with good nutritious food. I teach some of them their first learning block foundations in life (ABC's, shapes, colours, etc.), how to treat others, help prepare them for JK, Give them a hug when they reach a milestone. BUT when they leave out my door...that's it. There is not shed tears, no reminiscing...Nope.. .to busy either trying to fill the spot or transitioning a new child. And we know how much fun that can be sometimes .

And I have and WILL terminate for any disrespect from a client. Why should anyone tolerate that.
    Exactly. This is me.

I do not LOVE my day care children. I am not cold, I am very fond of them but I would never cry over a client leaving. I am running a business.
    I am the same way.

Euphoric !
    I too do not love my daycare kids, I like them .... But my love is reserved for my children. Daycare kids come and go and really ....that's business .... I would be an emotional basket case if I loved them. So nope ... No flack from me ....

I was so worried that would be such a job hazard for me; getting so attached and they move on. But, no worries. It's a proud moment to see them move on and know that you have cared so well for these little ones. They (and you!) are often ready to move on.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katskids View Post
    Exactly. This is me.
    Yep, this is me as well.I do my job well and I enjoy it (most days lol) BUT it's still a job at the end of the day .

Starting to feel at home...
    You gotta cut some slack for the newbies though as we are learning.......I took way to much shit from my last parent and learn a huge and valuble lesson did I bawl yes not because its just business because dkm was a friend for 2 years and there way alot of history there.....I WILL NOT take a friend as a client again and now being thru it know have a thicker skin.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mommylove For This Useful Post: