Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fee question

Outgoing

Fee question

I had an interview yesterday and it was a bit rushed because they were late and I had another commitment and a few things were forgotten. I quoted them my fees which are $45 per day but during the interview they mentioned that pick up would be 6pm which is outside of my normal hours. I close at 5:30. I did say during our phone conversation that I was open to the possibility of doing a 6pm pick up. They also asked if they could drop off at 7:15/7:20 which is also outside of my normal hours. I open at 7:30. I realized later in the day that I did not tell them that I would have to add a surcharge to my rate to compensate me for the extra 45 minutes each day. I have to send an email to thank them for coming and i want to put that information in it but I'm wondering what to charge. They will be travelling on the go train so the possibility of them being late on occasion is a real possibility. I dont enforce a late fee if the trains have an issue because its beyond their control but i want to make sure i cover my time. Is it too much to charge $50 per day for nearly 11 hours? the normal rate in my area is $45 per day but there are several who charge $50 and a few that even charge 60.

I charge $50 and a family that starts in June will pay $7.50/day for picking up their kid 30 min after closing time. $15/hr seems fair to me.

Euphoric !
    11 hours? I wouldn't even interview that family because my limit is 9 hours. Definitely charge extra!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Trace of Angels
    Yep I agree, that's a long day. Make sure that you are ready to commit to something like that and make sure that you ARE compensated appropriately. My hours are 7:30-4:30. I have two clients that come at 7am but I add a premium to my monthly fee for them getting "longer" hours and hours outside of my normal business hours. That's my limit though. I have turned several clients away that want early drop off (before 7am) and late pick up (after 4:30 pm) as I know my own limits and don't want to risk burning out.
    Please take good care and think of yourself when deciding to do this

Outgoing
    I am definately giving it thought but I also dont have any little ones of my own anymore so I think that makes a huge difference. Problem is that there is nobody lookig for care right now and my own little one is off to University in the fall so I really need to fill the spot. they havent said yes or no yet and I havent decided either. I'm hoping they take a little time to decide so that i can give it more thought.

Outgoing
    any additional time over my regular hours I charge $10/day

Shy
    gramma may i pleas ask around what are of ontario are you? i just ask because I have started out a few months ago and am battling with myself if im too expensive at 40$ per day!
    thank you in advance

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mamabearto3 View Post
    gramma may i pleas ask around what are of ontario are you? i just ask because I have started out a few months ago and am battling with myself if im too expensive at 40$ per day!
    thank you in advance
    I'm in Halton Region. HTH

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gramma For This Useful Post: